Chapter One

The morning had been a cold one in the woods. But there was one person who couldn't feel it. Toby had a rather interesting condition out of the very many that he had. He couldn't feel, due to a rare disease attacking his nervous system. He had never had the pain in whatever injuries he sustained. He could lose a limb without feeling it at all. One of the many glories of being him.

It was hard to recall what had happened before three days ago. He couldn't remember a thing of his past life of what it had been like. All he could remember was waking up in a room he had never been in before with Slenderman. The tall creature that looked like a very tall pale man wearing a suit. The intriguing thing about Slenderman, was he had no face. Yet there was something about him that felt like he staring at you. A hypnotic sort of stare that you couldn't take your eyes away from. It was impossible.

Either way, here Toby was, walking through the woods. Carrying two hatchets to which he couldn't remember where he'd gotten them from. One was new with a sharpened blade and the other was old with a blunt blade. He was in a rather happy and chipper mood at the moment. But of course with Toby, that could change like the flick of a switch. Though depending on who he was talking to, what he was doing or what was going on. It all came down to that as to depending on what Toby's moods were. Some would even find it annoying. But it seemed that Toby wouldn't even know he was doing it.

///The forest was a place Tim had known for a long time. He always got lost in them, because they seemed to move, but he always managed to find where he was, and which direction to go in to get out. It was an instincloot of sorts, and it never failed him. He was in it today, but fairly close to his home, which was a one-story house on the edge of the woods in a very secluded neighborhood. He didn't mind how far away it was from the town, but sometimes he missed civilization.

Tim had coughed, one of his habits. He had always been coughing, along with other various health problems from birth, which later dominated his own life and the life of another. After that fatal day, he changed, and stayed by himself all the time. He never spoke to anyone unless absolutely necessary, or tried to engage in activities that involved others. He was alone, and was convinced that it suited him better.

Tim was a unique individual, who had an alternate side. When he changed, he would cough and go into a seizure, blacking out completely only to resurface as another person. He never remembered anything that happened while he was the other person, but It often led him to trouble. He took his pills that suppressed this like clockwork, and never did anything that would make his heart speed up.

On this day, he took a leisurely walk and smoked. Smoking was a bad habit, he knew, but he did it anyways. He felt a sense of calm maturity when he smoked, but he knew that in truth, he had picked it up in highschool and never quit. The sky had been overcast and seemed like it would rain any minute, but he paid no attention to what might give him a cold.

//It seemed like hours as Toby walked, his thoughts seemed blank for the time being. It felt like ages since he'd last seen anyone at all. He wasn't sure whether he was walking aimlessly or going some place in the woods. It was all a little confusing at the moment. It felt like his whole life had only just started three days ago since he couldn't remember anything before then.

It seemed after what felt like forever, he came to a stop. But not for no reason. Someone was here, it was no animal either. Someone was coming closer from a distance it seemed as Toby turned around to see who it was. Watching as the other got closer, something felt familiar about him. But Toby couldn't put a finger on what it was exactly. Maybe it was just a stupid coincidence that he thought that. Twitching, he cracked his neck as he hid himself behind a tree. Wondering why the hell this person felt familiar. It didn't look like the other had seen him. Or at least just yet.