Six

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it's not the update you've been waiting for ●︿● I'm working on it, I promise. Meanwhile, my stupid ass thought six would be the final chapter but guess what? We going seven! I hope you'll like it, it's been a while since I've written this and I don't feel confident about the ending but it's not fair to make you wait more when I have it ready. Please forgive me if it sucks ●︿● I hope you enjoy!

.
.
.

•••

The media called it "The Suga Effect".

It was bullshit, if you asked him. They portrayed it as if he hadn't gotten hate, too. He had gotten the hate he had never guessed he would have. All those years of his career and now he got the hate. Just because he was in a relationship. Though it was kind of good that it happened, he had seen his true fans. Some of them had immediately left the fandom, some demanded he left the group —what a joke— but most of them stayed. One time he had heard Park Jinyoung say 'the fans who stay with you after you get married are the true fans' and even if marriage wasn't on the table for him and Lisa, he had fully understood the man's words only now. The amount of hate and curse he received was overwhelming.

His backlash was as strong as their hate, though.

If they hit him once, he hit them twice with his interviews, lyrics, next mixtape, the shows he appeared on TV, his Vlives.

It had been tiresome and he had been wearing thin when the fans and the public finally and reluctantly accepted the fact that he had a relationship.

If they were stubborn, Yoongi was stubborn too. After all, he had managed to survive in the idol world so far. That required a thick skin and a lot of fire within you burning to give you the strength to fight for the things worth fighting for.

Lalisa Manoban definitely worth fighting for.

It's just the world didn't know it was her yet.

It took Lisa one and a half years to gather the courage and create the perfect environment that would lead up to revealing their relationship fully.

At first, she revealed that she had been in a relationship so far. A year and a half ago, that would immediately mean she was in a relationship with Yoongi but a lot changed during that one year and a half.

Yoongi jokingly named that time span 'a different kind of coming out'.

During that time a lot of idols revealed their relationships. That's why it was called The Suga Effect. Yoongi was the second biggest thing in this means after Hyuna and E-Dawn came out clean with their relationship. But what triggered the sequence of revelations was Yoongi's act and his stance. Thanks to him and his enduring, people saw that these 'scandals' were acceptable if you fought hard enough for your relationship. 

Some of them did, some of them did not.

Though this worked in favour of those who fought, showing the public they cared about their significant other enough to endure.

So one and a half year later, they were finally ready to reveal each other.
Yoongi was so fucking nervous and excited in the days that led up to the D-Day that he was barely tolerable. But his members understood him to some extent. He had been waiting for this day almost for six years, for fucks sake.

Lisa was, on the other hand, having anxiety attacks every other day. She was fine and excited and happy one moment, and in the next moment she was crying in fear of the backlash. Her members were so worried, always keeping an eye on her, Chaeyoung even had started to sleeping with Lisa to make sure the youngest got some sleep. Jennie was tense and serious all the time, which brought hate to her because of her default resting bitch face. But for the first time, she didn't care about them, she was focused on Lisa's mental and physical health.