Alfonso, the sassy African American smiled excitedly at me.

        "Wouldn't wanna miss it for the world. So excited to meet someone from the Pack in person!"

        Mia and Jonathan looked a little apprehensive, something I couldn't blame them for. The Pack has always been a little standoffish towards none-Pack members.

        I smiled at Al's eagerness, he was the only one who wanted to actually meet Riles.

        "Well then please meet Riley,"

        I said sliding in the booth onto Riles lap. Open mouths and wide eyes stared at me, I guess they didn't think Riley was a guy. Riley is a unisex name, it can be used for male as well as female.

        "So you're gay?"

        Jonathan asked with some anger in his voice. I knew how he thought about homosexuals, my anxiety must have been on my face as Riley gave Jonathan a nasty glare before growling at him in warning.

        After that awkward moment, Al was the first who slide in the booth opposite Riles, Mia and Jonathan followed shortly after. Mia sat beside Al and Jonathan was forced to sit beside us, something he wasn't very happy about. He kept glancing and shifting about.

        "So Riley right?"

        Riles nodded hesitantly,

        "What do you do for the Pack?"

        He gave a quiet growl in warning as I snickered, as Al lent forward full of curiosity.

        Squeezing my hip lightly, making me yelp he answered: "I work in security detail regarding the Royal house."

        Al was under broken in his further questioning by a waitress asking us what we wanted to eat and drink. When we had ordered we resumed our talk, even Mia as timid as she was around strangers joined in and asked all kinds of questions.

        I was surprised when quite a lot of Pack members here, so much it amazed me.

        "Half-breed, unnatural."

        Were the words quietly hissed in my direction as they passed our table. They were too soft to hear for the humans at our table but Riles and I heard them just fine. Probably their intention, making me feel unwelcome for being Riles mate.

        "Are you okay Archie? You look a little uncomfortable." Mia softly said, looking at me with eyes full of concern.

        "Yeah, I am fine Mia, just a little restless for school I guess." I fake smile at her, silently glad she bought it.

        [But I sure don't.]

        Riles linked to me as he glares at the departed group hissing the words.

        [I will make sure they will be punished for what they did or said about you.]

        He tightened his hold on me, making me melt in his embrace.

        [I am just so sick and tired of being told I am not worthy of being your mate because of my animal]

        Whimpering a little I tucked my head beneath his chin, taking comfort in his soothing hands rubbing circles on my back.

        Wringing my hands together at the slight chill outside, I waited impatiently for Riley. "Are you sure you're okay Archie?" Mia's voice sounded beside me, she had a small hand on my arm making me look down at her.