"Yeah, well what's life without a little recklessness?" 

"You know that way of thinking can get you into a lot of trouble." Ayako said frowning. I shrugged. 

"It's not like I have to try or anything." I muttered as I picked up a monitor and it was heavy but oh well. 

"Why do you say that?" Mai asked curiously. 

"Hm? Oh, it's nothing." I said distractedly as I followed Monk back to base with the monitor. I always seem to get into some kind of trouble whether it's my own fault or not. It's mostly others bullying me because they heard I can see and talk to ghosts, but then there are times where I would be walking home or just walking around in general, then something weird would happen; like if the sky was clear, it'd suddenly start thundering and lightning out and I'd get soaked. This one time I was walking home from school and this guy tried to take my school bag, but thankfully the friends that I had at the time, showed up and scared the guy off. Then there was this other time where after my friends at the time found out about me seeing ghosts, I was just walking to the grocery store to get some things for Nii-chan, I was at a stop light waiting to cross the road. It was weird because I was the only one there and there weren't any cars, so when it said walk, I started to cross the road and the next thing I know, a car was crossing the road at high speed and I just barely got out of the way, but it was just so strange. 

"Aki, is something wrong?" Ayako asked looking concerned. 

"A-ah, yeah, I'm fine...." I gasped as I heard a loud crack from above Mai's head. "Mai, look out! That branch is going to fall on you!" She gasped and ran towards me and Ayako. The branch nearly missed her. 

"What's going on?" Naru demanded as he and Lin ran met up with us at the door. 

"That tree branch nearly flattened Mai." Monk said shocked. 

"And Aki told me to move out of the way. How'd you know?" Mai asked looking at me with wide-eyes. I sighed. 

"This always happens to me. It doesn't matter where I'm at or who I'm with. I told you before." 

"That was the doing of a ghost?" Ayako asked raising an eyebrow. 

"I'm not sure. It's always been like this since I was little. Incidents like just now, they've always happened to me. This is the first time I've seen it happen to someone who isn't myself..." I said worriedly. "This doesn't look good." 

"So this has nothing to do with the case?" Naru asked frowning. I sighed. 

"No, it doesn't have anything to do with the case. It doesn't happen very often but I'm worried that it might happen again now that it's happened to Mai." 

"I see, we're going to have to be more careful." I nodded. We finally loaded all the equipment up in the conference room and Naru told us about the poltergeist activities. In the library, tables and chairs would be flipped over when the librarian walked in first thing in the morning, in the cafeteria, the food trays would be scattered all over the floor and tables, in the chemistry classroom, the test tubes would be broken and the chairs would be strewn across the floor, and in gym, the balls would be scattered everywhere and sometimes the doors would shut on their own and lock the students in for about ten minutes tops. Wow, this is very serious. I wonder if whoever's doing is doing it because they're angry with the school or they're just doing it as a prank. 

"Do you think maybe this could be a human?" Monk asked curiously. 

"I'm not sure, but if it's okay with the principal, I'd like to gather all the students and staff members in the gym and test them." Naru said thoughtfully. Hm, I wonder what kind of test he's talking about. Mai seemed to know what he meant and nodded.