It's just a movie! Robert Manion x Fem reader

"No. Nope. Ain't happening!" I looked at him pleadingly. "Please I really don't want to go!"

"Why not? Everyone is going to be there!" My best friend Robert exclaimed.  

"So? I really don't want to be there" The worst time of the year had come again. The annual Halloween party at Jeff and Jons' apartment. All my starkid friends were there and it was a night full of Joey and Jon making jokes and Jeff and Jaime throwing candy from across the room. Sounds fun right? Wrong. Why? The scary movies. I was always a bit of a scaredy-cat and hated them. The worst part was I couldn't skip it because otherwise everyone would mock me for being such a baby. I knew Robert probably wouldn't mind sitting it out with me but I also knew that he loved Horror movies. I also couldn't really spend time with him alone because otherwise I would feel awkward. Lauren knew I had a massive crush on him but I tried to hide it as much as possible. I loved our friendship so much, I didn't want it to end because of my own stupid feelings. Also a guy like him didn't deserve someone like me. He deserved so much more.

Lauren entered the room wearing her spoopy Broadway pumpkin top. "Come on y/n. it's going to be so much fun! I hear Jon has gone overboard this year. apparently to Jeff, it looks less of an apartment, more Hogwarts!" I squirmed in my seat. If I didn't go I would probably regret it. If I went I would have to sit through a scary movie probably peeing myself with fear. It was such a hard decision but then Robert gave me a smile. Not just any smile. A Robert smile. Sweet, genuine and warm. That was enough to convince me to go. I mean it won't be too obvious if I literally bury my head in a pillow, would it?

                                                                               TWENTY MINUTES LATER

                                                                               ~Jon and Jeff's apartment

After a very intense drive, we entered the apartment. Lauren was right. Jon had gone overboard in the very best way. I took of my coat to reveal my (Hogwarts house) t-shirt. I literally took a few steps before I was hugged by Mariah and Angela. Robert was talking to Nick but I swear he looked at  me a few times and blushed but I was probably imagining it. The evening started brilliantly. I even got a duet with Robert in Karaoke! Not going to lie doing 'what is this feeling'  was kind of what I was feeling like at the moment. Just replace loathing with loving. 

Then came the movie...

They decided to watch the new IT, so we all sat down on the sofa. Ten minutes later I screamed. Everyone turned round to face me but they didn't look scared, they looked entertained. How the heck is this fun? Seeing a kid's arm being ripped off is not fun! I started to tear up a little because I was terrified. "Hey y/n. You ok?" came a familiar Australian voice. I noticed Robert's sleeve was soaked in my tears. I looked at him a bit embarrassed. "Come on" he gently took my hand and we left the room to go into Jon's bedroom. We sat at the end of the bed and he gave me a warm hug. "what's the matter?" he asked calmly as he gently stroked my hair. I didn't respond immediately since I was a bit of a mess and him embracing me wasn't helping my already confused mind.

I looked at him and started to choke up "I'm so sorry. I just really hate movies like that. They scare me so much... sorry I sound like such a baby." I felt like an idiot and now my crush thought I was weak. Just great. After tonight, people would act differently around me. Joey would make a nickname for me, if we went on a walk and saw a horror movie  poster, they would reference tonight and mock me about it. I might be overthinking it but I was preparing for the worst. I felt Robert gently lift my chin so I had to face him. "Hey y/n, it's just a movie. It can't hurt you." I smiled weakly. His voice suddenly turned nervous and his face changed. He now looked hopeful but slightly scared. "Will this make you feel better?" I looked at him confused until he pressed his lips into mine. It was so light almost as if it was just a feather but my whole body felt fizzy and amazing. he stopped after a few seconds, Looking at my face as if he was searching for approval to carry on. I just smiled and grabbed his collar, pulling him closer. I left our lips inches apart just to whisper "sorry I'm still scared, do you mind doing it again?" He immediately deepened the kiss and I ran my fingers through his dark, soft hair. I took off his denim jacket while never breaking the kiss. Before it could get more intense, we heard a familiar voice from outside the door.

"FOR GODS SAKE DONT DO IT IN MY BEDROOM!!!!!" Jon shouted, crying with laughter. Jeff just looked on behind him looking smug. I also noticed Mariah in the back but more people were arriving to see what the shouting was for. Robert looked at me embarrassed, a light blush covering his cheeks. "We should probably return to the party." I said quietly. He just nodded and we sat up and left the room, holding hands. Everyone's reactions were priceless as we walked down the hallway, from the overjoyed Lauren to the clearly happy but slightly concerned about what happened on his bed Jon to traumatised Corey. The rest of evening couldn't go any better. Even while watching  another a horror movie, I didn't scream once. It may be just a movie but I had a real life hero and he had me.

                                                                          ~AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hi guys! Georgie here. This is my first ever fanfiction I've ever written so it is not the best but I'm determined to get better! Don't forget to request and hopefully I'll post soon!