Chapter 3

Rachel’s pov

Rachel’s POV

DREAM..

I got a call from an unknown number. I gave the mobile to my friend.

“Can you answer this call for me?, ” I told her.

She got the mobile and answered “Hello who is this??” She asked in a bold voice.

After a second she put her hand on the speaker of the phone and whispered,“A male voice, but the voice is so hot!!”.

I immediately snatched the mobile from her hands and said “Who is this??” in a trembling voice.

Hey, this is Mason”, the voice said. 

-----END OF DREAM-----

I got up with my face full of sweat. John didn't show up tonight, so I took over the whole bed and there I ended up with bad dreams from the past. As I was about to get out to drink some water, a pair of hands pulled me and my head hit something hard and warm.

“Helen sleep now, it's not yet dawn” a voice mumbled.

I slowly lifted my head to see who it was. It was John. I pushed him away and somehow freed myself from his tight hold.

He immediately got up and saw me sitting near him.

“What the hell!!” He yelled.

“What?” I questioned him right back.

“I am sorry I thought-“ I cut him.

“One of the slut you slept with” I said casually. After a second or so his hand came in contact with my cheek. Slap.

“Don’t ever talk about her that way, ” he said with a death glare and left the room.

Tears began to roll down my eyes. ‘My father made a wrong decision, he wanted me to be happy... which I am not. Better soon’ I thought to myself and took out my mobile phone to call my father.

After two rings, he picked up the call.

“Father, please take me away from here, I don’t want to be here. Let me be your daughter forever” I said before even he could say hello.

“Dear, what happened??” He asked me.

“He is having affair with some other women. Please daddy, help me, ” I said crying.

“Look Rachel, I understand you don’t like him, but don’t exaggerate this. Now go back sleep everything will be alright” He said and ended the call before I could answer.

I wish my mom was here.

She was a lovely person. She unconditionally loved my father and me . I was 15 years old, when she met with an accident and lost her life. It was a uncompensated loss for both of us.

That is when we became close and started loving and caring each other more.

The door busted open and I snapped out of my thoughts. John came in.

“Wow, at last did you did a good thing” He said with a smirk.

I just stared at him blankly.

“You called your father, yes, that’s a good thing. I want you gone” He said and turned to leave, but stopped a second and turned and said “Helen is not some women whom I am having an affair with, She is my first and last love” He said and left.

I sat there all alone, crying in the dark.

***

Edited by AbidhaAnwar

Dont forget to vote and comment :)

Sre :)