Chapter Three: Grocery

Mornings are a beautiful thing, especially when it’s the weekend. Rolling over to face her window Misaki breathes in deeply and opens her eyes. The sun was filtering in gently and birds were chirping at just the right frequency. 

Sitting up in bed Misaki stretches and gets up. Shoving her feet into some slippers she heads down to the kitchen. She’s surprised however to see her mother cooking breakfast in the kitchen, her brother and father already seated at the table eating. 

“Good-morning, darling. Have a seat.” Misaki’s mother says as she finishes with breakfast. 

Misaki nods, “Of course.” She sits down at the table across from her brother and looks over at her father, “So how was your trip father?” 

“Good, good, the flight was easy and the conference went very well. In fact we may be home a lot more over the summer break this year.”

“Oh really? Does that mean that we can finally take that trip over to Kyoto this year?”

Her father takes a sip of coffee, “It’s possible, for now I can’t promise anything but I’ll do my best to make sure that we can.” 

Misaki smiles as she thanks her mother for the food, “Well, I hope we can. I was really looking forward to it last year.” 

After that breakfast was finally ready and everyone sat down to begin breakfast. Misaki wa the one trying to keep the conversation alive unfortunately. For some reason no one really wanted to talk all that much. After a while though Misaki got tired of constantly having to direct the conversation and let it drop. Luckily by then the meal was over. 

Misaki stands up and begins to help her mother clear away the dishes. From there she was pretty much free to do what she wanted. Going back upstairs she begins to get dressed and brush her hair. 

“Misaki, can you go to the market and pick up this list of ingredients for me?” Her mother calls from downstairs. 

“Of course! Just leave me the list and some money for it and I’ll run out now.”

“Thank you darling!” 

***

“Daiki go run out and get these ingredients for me.” His mother calls. 

The bluenette groans as he rolls over in his bed. That was not what he wanted to hear this early in the morning. In fact he wanted to know why she wanted him to go. Usually she would go to the market and he could get some peace sleeping in. 

“Daiki, I mean it! Get up now.” 

Hearing the tone of his mother’s voice Aomine got up and shrugged into some clothes. Perhaps if he just got the stupid things for her then he could go back to sleep when he got back. Shoving his wallet and phone into his pockets he heads downstairs. 

“Here’s the list, be quick about it, I need these for dinner.” She hands him the list with a stern look on her face. She then moves off and starts to clean the kitchen. 

“Alright, alright.” 

Aomine heads out of the house and starts to head toward the market. Already he was pretty irritated. Going down the street he turns into the street with the market. Entering into the establishment Aomine cracks his neck. Slipping the list out of his pocket yet again to look at what he was sent to get.

“Good afternoon Aomine-san.” 

Aomine nearly jumps out of his skin at the unexpected greeting. He turns around to see Misaki there picking out some fruit and putting it into a bag. “What are you doing here?” He kicks himself immediately after asking that.