“Hey. Enjoying the show?” He asked, pretending not to feel the tension building.

“Yes, I am. I love seeing the guys play.”

He looked her in the eyes and played with her long red curls. She tried to turn away but he gently turned her face back to him. When he tried to kiss her, she looked away. “What’s wrong?”

“Noah, we are friends.” She stated firmly.

“But you let me buy you a drink. You owe me.”

“Fine. I will pay you back for the drink.” She conceded.

“I know you will” he said in a stern tone. “but we can take care of that later.”

Just then the band took a break and Drew came over and sat down. Noah quickly excused himself and went back to work.

“Thanks for coming. I was beginning to think you got tired of seeing us play.” Drew told her with a grin.

“No. I have just been going through some tough times and haven’t been able to make it out to the shows.” She explained sadly.

Drew reached out and hugged her. “You know that all you have to do is say something and I will see that you get to the shows.”

She could feel him playing with her hair and hugged him back. That’s when she saw Joanna heading their way but when her friend saw them hugging she changed her course toward the bathroom. Maggie smiled to herself and waited for Drew to let go.

“Thank you. I needed that.” She said. He looked into her eyes.

“You still look like something is bothering you.”

“No. It’s the same stuff.”

He took her hand and pulled her toward the patio area. “Come with me.”

“Where are we going?”

“You’ll see.” He told her as he led her to the fence that blocked off the outdoor area.

Maggie leaned on the fence and took in the view. They were looking out over the river and the buildings in the skyline were starting to light up. As she stood there looking at the river, she felt him begin rubbing her back. It felt good so she just let him go. She was unaware that Noah was watching and getting upset. She didn't know the risk she was taking. After a few more minutes she turned to Drew and thanked him with a hug.

“You look more relaxed. I just wish that I could help with the sadness in your eyes.” He whispered.

“I will be fine.” She tried reassuring him. “I have to go back on stage. Are you coming in?”

“Not yet but I will after bit.” He gave her another small squeeze and headed back inside.

She watched him walk away before turning back to the railing to try to enjoy the view some more. It wasn't long before she could hear the band resuming their set list. She was listening to them play and looking down at the river when she felt someone messing with her hair.

“I love your gorgeous curls. Do you know that?” It was Noah again.

Maggie wished that he would just go away but she knew that wouldn't happen. She inhaled deeply and tried ignore him. He was very persistent though and began running his hand up and down her back. Then he traced her jawline trying to get her attention.

When she didn't react he said, “He can rub your back but when I do something, you don’t do anything?”

“I didn't react when he rubbed my back either. I really should have stayed home because my heart is not in it.” She said sadly.