Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine
Chef Liam
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"I'm so hungry I could eat a fu- freaking horse!" Lavender groaned, stepping into the kitchen. "What's on the menu, chef Liam? No, seriously.. what is that?"

"You'll just have to wait and see." Liam joked, causing the much taller girl to groan and dramatically drag her feet to the dining table. She sat down beside sid, letting out an over exaggerated sigh as she rested her head on Sydney's shoulder. Sydney tried to force down the blush forming on her cheeks, not wanting to appear weird to Lavender. She was grateful for the taller girl staying with her again tonight. The original plan was to go to Lavender's, but the morning's events as well as a schedule change for Eric changed that.  "Hey, Syd.."

"Hm?" Sydney looked up from her homework, inhaling sharply as Lavender's hair tickled her neck.

"What if you and mom.. talked?" Liam began, lifting the food filled pot from the stove after turning it off. "But.. without being mean?"

Sydney blinked slowly as Liam placed the pot in the center of the table. "Um.."

"All day at school and stuff, I try not to say anything mean to anyone." He scooped some the food into three different bowls as he talked, "And most of the time, no one says anything bad back to me.. But it's like you and Mom try to find reasons to get mad at each other."

"Thanks, chef." Lavender nodded, lifting her fork and sticking it into the food, "Still don't know what it is, though."

"Yeah, what is this?"

"Well, it's macaroni, cheese, maple syrup, A1, ham, corn, margarine, cinnamon, fish sticks." The boy paused, taking a drink of his water.

"Sounds nutritio-"

"Soy sauce, grape jelly, crushed grahm crackers, and something in a jar in the fridge that I'm not really sure what is." Liam finished.

Lavender shrugged, sticking the fork into the food and lifting it to her mouth. Liam watcher her expectantly as she pulled the empty fork from her mouth. "Holy shit.. Oh. Sorry.. That's actually good."

Sydney grimaced, "The thing is.. I actually just ate-"

"Try it. Before it gets cold!" Liam pressed. Sydney gulped, slowly raising the fork to her mouth. She glanced at Lavender as she reluctantly bit into the concoction.

"This is actually good." Sydney pursed her lips, shock flooding her face, "Like crazy good."

"I call it Liam's Loaded Lasagna." Liam made jazz hands awkwardly, "I know it's not lasagna.. but I just needed an L-word."

"The triple L!" Lavender pointed her fork at him. "I like it."

"I've never even seen you cook before."

"I know.. I was too afraid."

"Of cooking?" Sydney knitted her eyebrows together.

"I used to be scared of cooking." Lavender said, sending a small smile the younger boy's way.

"Yeah.. But then, you know, I just figured.." Liam trailed off.

"That if you just tried it, you wouldn't be afraid anymore?"

"How'd you know?" Sydney smiled silently.

"Oh, Syd! You're coming to mine tomorrow, that cool? We're gonna dye my hair then, because Eric won't be there, but my mom will be." Lavender said, carefully setting the glass down on the table.