Prologue

Many believe in the moon goddess in the old days. The way packs were ran back then was fully built upon on what would please the goddess. In fact, it was believe that the moon goddess played a big part in when one would find there fated mate. However, something the goddess could not control is the life span of ones life which often left to many wolves being unable to find there mate within each others life span. So one could say that it was not uncommon for the moon goddess to step in and give a wolf a second fated mate but that usually only happen if ones mate has passed away or it was unpossible for them to ever meet.

Back in the old days it was unheard of a wolf having more than one mate. One would even say back then that if a wolf ever finds a second mate when there first mate was still around then someone or something else was in play.

Even though it was unheard of a wolf having more that one mate at a time, there are stories of second mates showing up only to have disaster follow them. Something about packs being wiped out, the first mate dying soon after the second mate showed up, or falling out of the moon goddess favor for an unknown reason. Though none of the stories has ever been proven real, this saying 'Curse Second Mate' began to spread. 

So one can imagine the surprise an alpha has when he meets his second fated mate while his first is still alive. One can also imagine the misunderstanding that will form with how he meets his second mate. The saying 'Curse Second Mate' formatted into the packs beliefs.