Chapter 3: Purrincess?

Right before the bell rang, Alya and I got seated in our chairs.

"Hey Marinette can we talk after class?" Adrien asked me nervously.

"Uhm, alright.." I said awkwardly.

"Okay class, lets begin this class talking about next week." The teacher said happily.

Rose raised her hand, "When is prom?"

"It is this Saturday night, but before you freak out you must know that this year's theme is a masquerade ball." The teacher said raising her voice over the talking.

"Alya, you should ask Nino!" I whispered excitingly.

"Yeah, okay." Alya said smirking.

The final bell rings. Alya and I walk out of calls and towards the lockers. I looked up and saw Adrien standing by my locker.

"I'll be right back." I said walking off Alya and towards Adrien.

"Hey Marinette, how are you?" Adrien asked trying to take away the tension.

"I am fine. What did you need to talk to me about?" I asked, slightly irritated.

"Oh right. I don't want anything to change between us. You are a great friend-" Adrien said putting his hand on her shoulder.

After I heard the word 'friend' I completely zoned out. My eyes were burning, and my heart was crumbling. I tried holding back my tears but I failed. I covered my face as tears streamed down. Adrien and Alya tried to comfort me. Everyone else stared in curiosity.

"I need to go!" I said, running out of the school. My pace slowed as I got closer to home.

"No, Marinette wait-" Adrien said trying to grab my hand, but he was too late.

I walked to the Seine River. I sat on one of the benches and wiped my tears.

"Hey Marinette, what are you doing here at this time of day?" Luka asked, sitting down next to me.

"I was calming my nerves. Today was a bad day." I said sighing.

"Want to talk about it? Or we can just sit." Luka said wiping one of the tears that escaped.

"We can just sit." I said closing my eyes and laying my head on his shoulder.

We sat there for a while till I went home. I sat down and resumed the dress I was making for prom.

"Marinette, are you alright?" Tikki asked sweetly.

"Yeah, I was thinking. Do you think Alya would want this dress?" I said sighing.

"But Marinette, that's your dress. Don't you want to wear it to prom?" Tikki asked confused.

"I won't need it. I'll be a third wheel if I go with Alya and Nino. Plus my only crush rejected my feelings soo.." I said sadly.

"I don't need it." I said faking a smile.

Tap. Tap.

 I heard on my trap door. I grabbed a sewing needle and crept up to the trap door. I opened it and screamed

"CHAT NOIR?! What are you doing here?" I yelled dropping my needle and getting onto my balcony.

"Just visiting. It looked like you were ready to stab the hero of Paris." Chat Noir said arrogantly.

"You're the one visiting at night, plus who knows who it could have been. I mean anyone could have climbed onto my balcony." I said narrowing my gaze at him.