A Nice Start

America woke up to the loud blaring of his alarm clock. He turned it off sluggishly. Great. The first year of high school. He's going to be a freshman now. Exciting.

America looked over to his clock. 7:00 America huffed. He wasn't looking forward to it. Even Canada partly dislikes school. He was nice and sweet and always looked over America. Canada was older by two years. Making him a junior. Canada helps work at a small flower shop with Ukraine. He also works as a cashier in a shoe store. He's doing well for himself. He already has his license and his own car.

America partly envied Canada for having so much stuff done and doing so well. Right now Canada is doing this thing so he can already get his scholarship out of the way once he leaves high school.

America had two other siblings. Australia and New Zealand. Australia was in the 8th grade while New Zealand was in 3rd grade. Australia was always protective over Kiwi and they are very close considering that America and him are around the same age. Yet again, America is closest to Canada. Zealand is nice and sweet, and she is very quiet. Australia is always excited and loud, and always looking for an adventure. They might seem like opposites, but they get along better than ever.

America stood up, deciding to quit wasting time and get ready. He looked up to Canada's bed, since they shared bunk beds and Canada chose top. Canada wasn't there, but America saw his phone charging on their bed dresser. America shrugged. Canada was always one to get things done early.

He headed on over to the bathroom that was connected to his and Aussie's room. He opened the door and began to brush his teeth. Once he finished he smiled into the mirror to see how white his teeth are. "Looking nice, America. You're gonna get all the ladies," he said half sarcastically.

He then walked over to his drawer and pulled out a Navy Blue shirt with some black ripped jeans and a pair of blue socks. He grabbed a black jacket and put it on. Zipping it up, he looked over to his shoes. Putting on some dark blue Adidas. As you can tell, America likes to have everything matching.

Just by looking at his room you could tell that, even though him and Canada shared it. The walls were Navy blue as the floor and roof were black. Their shelves, which were near the door, were wood so they were brown. The same goes for their closet, which was across the bed, and door. The window frames which were across the door and next to the beds where white. Their beds had navy blue blankets and pillows.

Most of the room was either Navy blue or black. Even though Canada's favorite colors were white and red, he didn't really mind the room being as America wanted. As long as America was happy he was content with it.

America walked over to his bed dresser and grabbed his phone and headphones off of it. He also grabbed his pack of mint gum. America had a really bad habit of chewing the inside of his mouth, so he chewed gum to help stop that. He quickly checked his messages and replied back to them. They were mostly from his friends who had been active earlier.

America checked the time. 7:28 He thought that he made good time. 'Still no sign of Canada. Hmm' He decided to make sure he had everything he needed for school. Once he finished making sure he walked downstairs to get some breakfast. He saw France making breakfast. Pancakes, eggs, and bacon. A classic. America saw Canada scrolling through his phone on the couch. He also saw Aussie and Kiwi playing a game of hide-and-seek as they waited for their school bus to come and pick them up.

America noticed Canada giving a small wave. He waved back. America felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around as France greeted him with a smile. America grabbed the plate of food from her hands.

"Good morning. Thanks Mom for the food," he greeted. France nodded. "Your welcome, mon enfant. Ready for high school?" She questioned as she gave him a side hug. He returned the hug back. "Yeah I'm ready. Got all my stuff packed and all dressed up." He replied as he put his food on the table and got out a glass and the jug of orange juice.