Chapter 18

By the time Amy was all ready and had made her way outside to the entrance of the school, a white van was parked at the side of the road, waiting for her. A man wearing a red plaid shirt and black skinny jeans got out of the front seat to greet her.
"Hey! Wow, you look stunning!" Adam remarked, taking in Amy's sparkling black dress.
"Thanks." Amy answered awkwardly, feeling overdressed next to Adam's casual attire. She started to wonder if he was actually taking her out on a date, or if it was just another friendly hangout.
"Here," Adam guided Amy toward the passenger side and opened the door for her. She was about to get in, but stopped as a smile creeped onto her lips.
"Aren't you going to bribe me with candy or something?" Adam snorted.
"Please, I bribe everyone with candy!" He paused for a moment, "Except Blake. Whenever I kidnap him, I always have to bribe him with alcohol." Amy giggled and hopped into the van.
"So, where are we going?" Amy asked curiously as Adam pulled out onto the highway.
"Can't tell you." Adam answered and smiled mischievously at the corner of his mouth.
"And why not?" Amy asked flirtatiously.
"Because that would ruin the surprise." He looked over at her and grinned.
After a short ten minute drive in the dark, Adam pulled into a large parking lot. The headlights panned over the wall of a huge concrete building before everything went dark as Adam turned off the engine.
"Where are we?" Amy asked, completely confused.
"You'll find out in a moment." Adam answered cheerfully. His lack of details was starting to really get on Amy's nerves.
"Here. I gotta go in first. Something I have to do alone. Wait five minutes, then you can come in." Adam shifted in his seat and unbuckled his seatbelt.
"But I've never been in there. How will I know where to find you?"
"You will. Just follow the signs." Adam smiled, then opened the door and hopped out of the van. Amy stared at him with a confused look on her face.
"See you soon!" He said in a song-song voice, then closed the door and walked into the darkness.
"Ugh! Adam, you really piss me off!" Amy shouted to the empty seat beside her. "Putting his career before me." She mumbled. "Wow. Maybe my mom is right about Adam treating his girlfriends like shit. Oh wait, that can't be, because I'm not his girlfriend!" Amy sighed and stared out the front window to pass the time. Out of boredom, she crossed her eyes a little, making the distant city lights blur to make little yellow circles in her vision.
After what she thought was about five minutes, Amy got out of the van and made her way across the dead parking lot in the dark to a big set of doors. They were grey and had no windows, but had metal bars across the middle of each one for handles. She pushed against one of them and found herself in a hallway lighted with dark blue lights. Hesitant, Amy proceeded down the hallway and pushed her way through another set of doors. This room was completely dark, except for a red light at the top of a staircase. Something about this room felt distantly familiar, but Amy couldn't put a finger on it. She had never been here before, so how could she have recognized it? Confused, Amy made her way up the staircase. Her high heels clicked on the way up, but the sound quickly turned into an echo as she entered a very dark, yet very spacious room.
"Adam?" Amy squeaked. Because of the acoustics, her quiet, shaky voice came out louder than intended. As soon as she spoke, a boom came from somewhere in the back and immediately several sections of lights turned on, making Amy jump. Once her eyes adjusted, she smiled in awe as she realized where she was. She was on The Voice stage.

Okay, so it's been like 2 months since I've updated, so instead of apologizing after every chapter, let's just say that I'm busy with school most of the time and my posting can be very unpredictable lol! Hope you enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to vote and comment what you thought!