𝘀𝘂𝗻𝘀𝗲𝘁 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 || ❦

( 8:10pm )

per usual, amara sat in her backyard watching the sunset. she did it every night and no one ever understood why. not even her boyfriend, austin. they weren't ever judgmental about it or anything, they just wanted to know why.

austin had just gotten out of his warm shower and came into he and his girlfriend of eight months' room. he sighed as he recognized that she wasn't in there.

he threw on some sweatpants along with a black hoodie and disappeared into the night. he walked around the apartment and saw her sitting in the grass.

he took a seat beside her and it kinda startled her. she looked over and saw him. she smiles before resting her head against his shoulder.

"hey babe?" austin looks down at his lover.

"yes aussie?" she responds.

"why are you always out here in the dark?" he asks.

the real reason was because it was calming. when amara was younger, she grew up in a broken household. her parents always fought and sometimes it got pretty out of hand.

and when it'd happened, her and her younger sister would go outside and watch the sunset or the stars. their parents never noticed them gone anyways so it then became a habit.

a habit that amara still carries to this day. "it's calming."

austin nods. "i know there's a story behind it."

amara lightly sighs. "there is, everything has a story behind it."

"you're definitely correct." austin chuckles.

he wraps his arm around her and plants a kiss on her forehead. the two sat and admired the stars as amara shared her story.

austin truly felt for his girlfriend and asked if there was anything to do to help her. she responded with, "if you came outside with me every night." and he agreed.

"okay my sunset lover." he smiled at her before returning back to the sky.