Chapter 2

"Where are you taking me?" I ask as Tristin drags me away from the market.

"You'll see, just be patient." he says letting go of my arm.

"You could have at least let me put out the fire." I mutter rubbing my arm.

He doesn't reply but keeps walking ahead of me. I look back at the market and I notice the smoke still billowing out of my tent. Great.

I look around and unlike this morning the streets are busy and packed with people heading to the market or their shops. Dogs are barking and you can hear wagon wheels crunching on the gravel beneath our feet as they carry their cargo to their destination. 

I look back in front of me and notice Tristin has vanished. I search through the thick crowd of people frantically. I breath a sigh of relief when I see him not too far ahead looking around supposedly for me.

"Tristin!" I call and he must of heard me because his head snaps over to my direction and then over to me. 

I dodge a moving wagon and some villagers and jog over to him as he makes his way over to me.

"I shouldn't have let go of your arm. " He says once he reaches me.

"I just got a little distracted. I'm not used to walking in the streets around this time of day." I say.

"Sure, whatever." He replies as we start walking again.

******

"What are we doing here? I thought you said you don't have to guard today?" I ask confused as we near to a stop not too far from the Edge.

"I don't." He says which confuses me even more.

The Edge is a cliff near the edge of the community but its not any ordinary cliff. If you look past the cliff there is nothing. It's like a foggy mist that you can't see through. There are Guards in black jumpsuits just like Tristan's surrounding it. Many of the villagers believe that the Edge is an abyss and that if you fall off it then you'll keep falling forever. Most people are scared to go near it. Sometimes for huge crimes they will throw criminals off the edge condemning them. They call it the Banishment. I don't get why they have guards. It's not like someones is going to all of a sudden say "Why don't we just go jump off the Edge everybody?"

Tristan starts walking in the direction of a huge metal building off to the side. It's about the size of six tents put together. I follow him to a door on the side and watch him pull out a plastic card and swipe it through a metal slot. A light blinks green just above it and I can hear the door unlock automatically.

"Tristin, what are you doing?" I ask.

"You know how your parents were Banished?" he asks his face suddenly serious.

"Yeah, What does this have to do with anything?"

"Do you know why they were banished?"

"Uh, they broke into some building?" I reply giving up on trying to get some answers.

"That's what they want you to think."

"What do you mean?"

"That isn't why your parents were banished Sky."

"What?" I say confused.

"Your parents were banished because they knew something that the elders didn't want them to know."

"Wait, what?" I say again.

What is he talking about?

******
heyyyooo!!! watcha think is gonna happen? plz comment and or vote!!! =^.^=