Chapter 4

Opening my eyes, it took a few minutes for me to remember where I am but the plain wall soon reminded me of exactly where I am. Those first few minutes in the morning when I open my eyes, I forget that their gone but it only ever lasts for a few seconds till reality hits you like a slap in the face. Dragging myself out of bed, I rummaged through my bags to find some clothes to wear for training. Every bit of clothes I have is now thrown on the ground. My training clothes are at the bottom of my bags, so I grab my black sweatpants, sports bra and a t-shirt. Looking around for my trainers, I find them half way under my bed. Kneeling down, I reach under my bed and pull them out and get dressed. Grabbing my hair brush, I try to tease of the knots from what has to be one of my worst bad hair days ever. Successfully unknotting my hair, I pull it back and put it into a pony tail.

Just as I finished my hair, someone knocked on my door. Walking over to it, the door opens before I get to it and Masons smiling face appeared through the crack in the door. "Good morning baby girl" he smiles more giddy than usual. Something is up. "Okay, what has you so happy this early in the morning?" "I found her Kyra, I found my mate" he said and I can see him trying to keep his excitement under control.

"Really, when? Where? What's she like? I bet she is gorgeous" I asked getting excited myself and firing off questions at him. "She is gorgeous; she has long black silky hair, blue eyes and just beyond perfect. Her name is April, I bumped into her when I was coming to wake you up. She was sorting out the rooms, she is the packs omega" he smiles proudly. "Oh Mason, I'm so happy for you, she doesn't realise it yet but she has her own personal guard with you now and remember what I told you. She comes first now" I reminded him. "You are both my number one priority. She is so shy and sweet, I can't believe how lucky I am" he says as he picks me up and starts to spin us around.

"So when do I get to meet her" I ask. "Right now, she is making breakfast but that is going to change. They can find someone else soon and when the time is right she will be living at the castle with us" he says looking wishful. "I hope that is soon Mason, like really soon. I know Jessie and the others are working hard to get information and track them down but I miss home" I said with a sigh.  "Don't worry, we will be back home before we know it, rights lets go. I can't wait for you to meet her" he smiles as he takes my hand and starts to lead me out the door and towards what has to be the most delicious smelling food. As we get closer, I couldn't help the nerves that are starting to kick in at the thoughts of what I'm  about to walk into.

"Be prepared, April said there are a few not nasty girls in the pack that like to intimidate anyone they think are weaker than them" he explained looking a little pissed off. There is nothing Mason hates more than bullies. He opens the door and my mouth waters at the smell of the food that hits me. Mason starts to look through the crowd when I hear plates smash on the ground loudly and the others in the crowd start to laugh.

Walking into the crowd, I can see a girl on her knees picking up pieces of broken plates and food off the ground while a bunch of girls stand there doing nothing except laughing.

"Kim, pick up those plates and food off the ground. You're on cleaning duty for the next month and don't ever do that to April again" Jack growls at her, making her jump. She obviously didn't realise that her Alpha is in the room but I do have to say that his growl sent a good shiver through my body. Another growl erupts from  behind me as Mason charges towards where the girls are gathered and stops the girl on the ground from picking up anymore. That's when I snap out of it and it clicks then that this girl is April. Mason still looks fairly pissed but April is calming his wolf down with just a simple touch. It's amazing to see and I can't help but smile.

After a few minutes he is calm enough to take her hand and gently lead her towards me. I can feel someone's eyes burning into me and when I look around to find out who is it, it's Jack watching me. Then I realise that the group of girls surrounding him now are the same group of girls that laughed at April arel all over him. So I turn my back on him because I don't need any hassle and that's exactly what he is hassle.