➸ five : thomas

( 005 )THOMAS❝ SINCE WE'RE IN THE MOOD FORSHARING OUR SECRETS

( 005 )
THOMAS
❝ SINCE WE'RE IN THE MOOD FOR
SHARING OUR SECRETS... ❞

HOLLAND AND RAPUNZEL WERE FIERCELY HOLDING ONTO EACH OTHER AS THEY HID UNDERNEATH THE BAR OF THE SNUGGLY DUCKLING. Both were petrified to the bone, and for the same reasons, for the first time in their journey. Neither wanted to go home, neither wanted to separate so early in the travels. Neither got what they wanted yet, they couldn't be caught.

Rapunzel felt a tap on her shoulder, and frighteningly turned around slowly in case it was a guard, but instead one of the thugs. She smiles in relief, and he pulls down a pullee to pour beer, but was secretly a lever that revealed a secret tunnel that went underneath the forest.

"Go, live your dream." He whispers, and Rapunzel smiles hopefully, and Holland nods optimistically.

"I will."

"I wasn't talking to you, your dream sucks." He hits back to Holland, who rolls his eyes, muttering some form of complaint under his breath as he crawled through the tunnel.

Rapunzel looks up at the thug, her hand resting gently on his cheek. "Thank you, for everything." She whispers, kissing his cheek as she parted from some new and unlikely friends, also crawling through the tunnel, where Holland was waiting for her.

The two began walking once more, this time in silence, no conversation striken between the two acquaintances. Rapunzel opens her mouth to say something, but no speech leaves, her head recalling how cruel Holland was to her in the bar. She cowers her head, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

Holland looks over and sees Rapunzel's hunched over frame, and couldn't help but frown. He had gotten her involved with pretty much everything he was running from right now, and yet persisted to act like a proud dick around her. He clears his throat, biting his lip tenderly. "I'm sorry, Rapunzel." He announces, and Rapunzel is immidiately intrigued and snaps her head up.

"You called me by my actual name, well done." Rapunzel sarcastically snaps back, her mood switched as she judges this was the appropriate punishment he should receive — a taste of his own medicine.

Holland nods, clicking his tounge. "Right. I deserve that, I know. Look, I just want to say, I was really unfair to you back at the bar and I should know better. I haven't been around people who I'm not working with for a long time, and I'm alone most of the time, I guess I'm just trying to keep up appearances."

Rapunzel takes a sharp intake of breath as she rubs her forearm gently back and forth, calming herself down. "I don't know you. After this, I'll never see you or anyone else again. You could choose to be anyone you wanted and you chose to be the judgemental narcissist. What for? For an ego?" Rapunzel rambles, processing her emotions as she lets go of all her built up stress.