ONE

but are you faster than a bullet?

HENRY REMEMBERED THE DAY he and his friends stumbled across an ad for a junk store on Swellview Bulavard. He remembered the way he'd felt when he'd fell down the elevator and met the man that would become his mentor, his father figure. He remembered the team that had sprouted into a family. A family he could never let go of. Those are the things Henry remembered. Here are the things he knew. Henry knew he'd moved to Dystopia with Jasper and Charlotte. He knew he had a new superpower that he couldn't control very well, and he knew that this had to be the best cup of noodles he'd ever eaten.

The gang had been in Dystopia for nearly three months and within those few, they hadn't managed to have one good meal. Yes, there'd been the restaurants that weren't completely filled with crime freaks, but every time they sat down to eat, there'd be crime they had to stop. This was the first time the trio had sat down for more than twenty minutes, and they were now enjoying a cup of noodles at Dragon Club. Henry was pretty sure he liked it, and by the looks of it, so did his companions. He heard cars and motorcycles moving around outside, along with voices and footsteps. Water dripped from a vent behind them, yet somehow, he enjoyed it all. For once, he'd be able to finish a full meal.

He continued to eat his food, feeling comforted by the presence of his two best friends, and it went on like that for a few more minutes. After those minutes were up, a screeching noise came from outside, followed by screams. The three looked at each other, eyes slightly widening. Nope, not today. They all quickly looked back down, taking another bite of their noodles.  Henry knew there'd be a beeping noise beside him before it even came, and he heard Charlotte beginning to talk. The three exchanged another set of glances. He'd almost been able to finish a full meal. "Two suspects, armed." She told them. "The Dystopian cops are dirty, too."

Damnit. Henry took a sip of his drink, wishing it could've held off for just a few more minutes. The teenager sighed. "This one's gonna hurt. Charlotte, you headed back to base?"

She laughed, smirking. "You head back to base," She pressed her temple, igniting the glowing tech within her contacts. Henry had to admit, that was pretty cool. "I'm fighting crime."

With that, the purple-haired girl pushed her seat out, and made her way out of the bar, avoiding the water that fell from the leaky vents in the ceiling. She didn't wait up for the boys, who remained seated for a few more moments, glancing at one another after finally looking back from Charlotte. Jasper spoke up, "Super Charlotte kind of scares me."

"Yeah me too," Henry added quickly, finally putting down the chopsticks he'd been using. They'd definitely have to come back here. Fighting crime with his best friends was still very much new to him, but he didn't by any means hate it. He enjoyed watching them get the same adrenaline-filled experience as he did back in Swellview each night. "Alright, you ready?"

"Yeah," Jasper sighed, reaching into his leather jacket's pocket and pulling out a dark cylinder, Henry followed in suit. He opened it to reveal a glowing, lava-like inside with their gumballs. "Got my changin' gum, got my sleepin' gum." He took both of the circles and plopped them into his mouth.

Once again, Henry followed, popping his own gumball, only one of course. He didn't need to sleep all of the time like Jasper, though he had used them to pass out on the Base's couch before. "Let's blow and go." The friend's bumped fists, Jasper heading out of Dragon Club to catch up with Charlotte.

Henry took a moment before standing up. He remembered all of the fun times he'd had back home. For only a moment, his memories drifted to the first day he'd become a hero, to the first time he'd saved a life, to the first time he'd defeated a bad guy alone, to his friends finding out, to every single time he'd been happy. They shifted, and he remembered the last time he'd fought with Ray, the last time he'd looked around his city, the last time he'd be called 'Kid Danger.' He blinked, thankful no tears followed. That chapter of his life had officially closed, and a new one had opened. A new one that would change his life forever, just like the one before.