Chapter 2

03:12-16/12/1976~3 days until winter break

Daisy was stood in her dorm, wearing muggle clothing and packing. She looked frantic and crept into the common room, looking released when she thought nobody saw her.

"Where are you going, Scottie?" a deep, gruff voice called from the corner of the room.

"I have to leave for Christmas a few days earlier, Minnie told me this morning before transfiguration. Why aren't you in bed, Padfoot?" She speaks softly, trying not to wake anyone. Sirius stood up and walked over to her, when he was inches away he leaned down, his lips by her ears.

"If you have to leave early," he spoke his voice quiet and even deeper," then I'll have to give you your present earlier, doll."

This made Daisy take a deep breath and she spoke with false confidence as she said, "And what is my present, Siri?" He reached into his pocket and moved behind her. She gasped in surprise as she felt a cold chain on her neck, the faint light of the dying fire allowed her to see that the chain was gold and had a blue gem connected to it.

"It's a tanzanite gem and it's usually on a silver chain but I remember you said that you hate silver because you think it clashes with your hair. I chose tanzanite because it's your birthstone. I had the necklace made for you, your name is engraved on the clasp and your birthday is on the jewel. It's enchanted, it's linked to my ring, James' bracelet, Remus' necklace, Lily's anklet and even Regulus' nose stud. If any of us touch the jewel and say someone's name, we can talk to them and if you double-tap it and say help all of our jewels will glow. You can also use it to portkey directly a person of your choice. It also only comes off if you will it to." Sirius explained into Daisy's ear, still close enough that she began to blush.

"Thank you, Sirius. I'm afraid that you will have to wait to have your gift until the day before we come back. I'll meet you in the shrieking shack at 9 am sharp. Dress smart casual." Daisy told the tall man and pecked his cheek before leaving.