What if Ali runs away like last time?

She sped into a corner but Bobby was quick to grab her wrist.

"No, no, wrong way. We're not going there."

The Neuro girl turned pink in embarrassment.

"Sorry," she muttered under her breath.

"Get your head right, Alicia," he said, not looking back at her.

Those blunt words hit her like a pallet in the head. Alicia scolded herself in her mind. Her emotions should not interfere with logic or else she won't be able to come up with rational and realistic decisions. Mission always comes first. That should be placed as number one in her priority as a MATA agent. But will she be able to carry it out if her partner was the one they have to capture alive so they can bring light to the chaos and injustice he had committed?

-

They split up.

"Run to the rooftop. They're probably heading there."

Alicia fleeted through the stairs, her breath slowly becoming ragged. No, she could not let anything slow her down. She was this close already. They cannot afford to fail again this time.

The door above slammed open, the sound of the bolt colliding harshly against the stone wall echoed through. Her eyes caught a green blur making its way to the top.

"Ali!" she screamed.

The person halted and peered over the banister. There was no mistake, it really was him in person. The green hood of his casted a shadow over his features but Alicia could clearly see the surprise and excitement inside his eyes behind the blue-tinted glass of the special device. Nevertheless, Alicia had whipped out her sling shooter and blasted a few bullets at him. Ali yelped and jumped back to avoid being hit. The two continued the chase.

The boy reached the door and swung it shut behind him. Alicia saw to that and propelled herself forward, kicking the door wide open before Ali could lock it. They tumbled onto the floor. Alicia regained her footing and aimed her bullet at Ali, who was crouching on the ground, his yo-yo in one grasp. The hood was pulled back, revealing his face in the light.

"We don't have to fight, Ali," she said, lowering her Blastique.

"You expect me to surrender, Alicia?" he shot back.

"This whole thing could be avoided if you just give in! Heck, why are you doing this? What are you trying to prove?"

"I believe Uncle Bakar had explained that to you,"

The calmness in his voice was unnerving.

"Using your late mother's name as your excuse does not mean you should just betray MATA,"

Ali scoffed. "They don't need me anymore, right?! I figured I should work with people who actually do rather than the ones who don't," he jeered, "and believe me, there are a lot of them who need my help."

Their mission was to capture a rogue agent alive.

"So be it."

Alicia would see this mission to its end.

-

"Something in your mind?"

"What? Nothing."

"You sure? You've been fiddling with that bullet for a while now."

She looked at the silver thing rolling between her fingers.