how it started

Title: Cyber Love (temporary name)

Part: 1; How It Started

Pairing: Harry/Louis + Liam/Zayn

Word Count: 1,286

Rating: PG-13

Warnings: swearing; major fluff (if I do this right); homosexuality; mentions of gay sex

Disclaimer: This is unfortunately untrue.

A/N: here's the first chapter, hope it lived up to your expectations! :) btw, thanks for the encouragement in the prologue. oh and just a note, i'm really lazy and won't capitalize unless it's necessary, so sorry if my titles or a/ns or anything don't have proper grammar or capitalization. also, i never edit. updates on the story: it's gonna be fairly short, 15 chapters tops. but i plan for it to be 10. also, this is fairly quick update. it's your virtual halloween candy. ;)

Summary: When Harry's best friend convinces him to sign up for a dating website, Harry feels as desperate as he can get. But when he meets someone, he starts wondering if maybe the dating website wasn't such a bad idea after all ...

It had been exactly three weeks since Liam had forced--encouraged--Harry to make an account on the dating website. And it had been exactly three weeks since Harry had bothered to go online. He knew that he should at least check his profile, to see if anyone had contacted him yet, but truth be told, he'd simply forgotten about the website. It was only when he came home from a particularily hard day at work that he remembered that oh yeah, Liam made me an account to meet people to fuck online! 

So, with nothing better to do, he opened his laptop and logged on. He was surprised to find a small, red "three" in the corner of the website, with a picture of an envelope underneath. Fascinated and curious, Harry immediately clicked on it, and almost smiled in glee when it directly led him to his messages, where, indeed, three messages were waiting for him. This was possibly the most interesting thing that had happened all day. 

He clicked on the first one, and quickly realized it was a girl. She was a pretty girl, but she was still a girl, so he scanned over the message without much attention, and went back to his messages without so much as giving her a reply. The second one was from a boy, but he looked like he was about twelve. Harry let out a frustrated sound, and then wondered if the people in this dating website were really that stupid. But it was the last message that caught his attention. 

It was from a boy that looked like he was the same age as him. Harry couldn't see much from the tiny icon that was displayed on the side of the message, and made a mental note to check his profile later. He quickly clicked on the message to expand it, and his smile started to grow, dimples beginning to become prominent, as he read the message. 

Louis_Tomlinson: Hey mate, I see you're new to the dating website! So, want me to show you the ropes? Love your profile picture, by the way. ;) xx

Harry had to hold back a giggle that was threatening to come out when he saw that Louis had sent him not only a winky face, but x's as well. Two fucking x's. That had to mean something. He quickly checked his profile, and was met with the icon of a smiling, slightly older than him, and very attractive man. He had feathery brown hair and blue eyes, and from what Harry could tell, was wearing suspenders. 

Holy fuck, that's hot.

Harry quickly replied to his message, not wanting to waste any time not talking to the mysterious blue-eyed boy.