⋙03⋘

"Don't be afraid hunny we're just getting started."

✤ ✤ ✤

  The sound of spoons hitting bowls filled the sound of the morning. I barely touched my food. Uncle Hagan spots this and gives me a nervous. "Dimples is everything okay?" He asks. "Uhm n-no." I said. "Honey what's wrong?" He asks. I looked down in my lap and trace the scars on my thighs. "It's-it's nothing." I said and kept my gaze on my thighs. "Angelica..." He sighs. He gets up and goes to my side and squats. "Please tell me what's wrong." He says with a worried face looking up into my cloudy brown eyes. "It's just that I had a nightmare sort of thing last night." I said and looks at me saying I could continue. "Well in my nightmare mom, dad, and Tiago were there. They said how they turned to the dark side. And how they are becoming the next Sith Lords right now. But something mom said was, "Don't be scared hunny, we're just getting started." And that specific quote is running through my mind." I said to him with some stray tears falling on my thighs.

"Angelica..." He says with a sigh. He pulls me into a hug. "Everything's going to be okay. It was only a dream." He said while rubbing my back. "But it felt so real....li-like a vision." I said now looking at him. "How about we talk about this later. We can go meet the neighbors, they have a nephew around your age." He says and gets up.

  I go back to my room and take a shower to refresh. In the mirror I stared at the body in the reflection. Disgusting. Scars, wounds, gashes, bruises. I shook my head and sighed, I got into the shower and cleaned myself.

  After the shower I grabbed a towel and went to my room.

  I shut the door and proceeded on what I can wear. I grabbed a loose cloth like robe, with high waisted cream colored leggings. I then got changed and went out to the kitchen.

I grabbed a glass of water. I waited on a Uncle Hagan. He comes to the kitchen. "Feeling better dimples?" He asks. "Yeah.." I lied looking at him. "That's good to hear, now let's get over to the neighbors they've already know we're coming over." He says.

✤ ✤ ✤

"Luke get dressed we have company coming over." Uncle Owen yells at me. I groan and proceed to wake up. I sit there on the bed just thinking. Then I get my white tunic, with my cream colored pants, and the same colored boots with straps.

  I go down to the kitchen and see Aunt Beru cooking. "Hey Aunt Beru." I said as I took out a piece of bread. "Morning Luke." She says to me and gives me a soft smile. "Uncle Owen should be outside." She says not looking up from what she's doing. "Thanks." I said and go up to the surface.

"Uncle Owen!" I yell out. Then I spot that he is talking to two people. The neighbors, that was probably the company. I see Old Hagan and a girl. I've never seen her before. I walk over to Uncle Owen and stand next him. "Hey Uncle Owen. Hey Old Hagan." I say to them. "Well good morning Luke." They responded and the girl looked at the ground probably feeling awkward.

✤ ✤ ✤

We walked over to the neighbors and Uncle Hagan was talking to a guy I presumed named Owen. "This is my niece, Angelica." Uncle Hagan says. "Hi Angelica my names Owen." He says to me and gives me a smile. "Where are you from? Like planet wise." He asks. "Oh a Naboo." I said. "Ah another star system." He said and I nod my head. I then see a guy walking out. "Uncle Owen!" He yells and Owen turns around.

  The guy walks up to us and stands by Owen. "Hey Uncle Owen. Hey Old Hagan." He says to them. I look at the ground kind of uncomfortable and awkward. I look up and I meet his eyes. They're like ocean blue. To be honest he was pretty cute. "Oh um I'm Luke." He says to me. "I'm Angelica." I said. "Pretty name." He says and I could feel my face heat up. "Thanks." I said. "How about we head down to the kitchen to talk you kids can do whatever just don't do anything stupid." Owen says.

  Luke and I go to his garage. They just got these droids and he was cleaning them up. "So where are you from?" He asks. "Well I'm from Naboo." I said. "Woah...like you're from another star system? That's so cool." He said. "I guess." I said shrugging my shoulders. "How old are you?" I ask. "I'm 19." He says. "Dang you look young for your age." I said. "What about you?" He asks while pointing a washcloth towards me. "I'm 16 I turn 17 next month." I said. "Nice." He said.

  Luke was becoming one of my best friends. We got along so quickly, it felt nice. "Angelica... look at this." He said making me turn around. He then threw some water on me. "Luke!" I said. I got some water and I threw it on him. "Hahaha take that." I said. "Oh you're going to pay." He said chasing me.

  I run outside and he chases me. He was quite fast and I ran faster than before. He began to catch up to me and he tackles me to the sand. He was right on top of me and we were looking into each other's eyes. He began to lean down when I heard someone calling my name. "Angelica!!" I heard Uncle Owen yell. We both sigh and he gets up and helps me up. We walk over just talking and blushing.

  "Bye Luke." I said and kissed him on the cheek. "B-bye Angel." He says while flustered.

  On the walk home Uncle Owen asks me, "So I suppose you like Luke?" He asks. "He's really nice and I think we're becoming best friends." I said. "Well they invited us to come over tomorrow." He says. "Yess!" I say. "I mean okay.." I said. "You goofball." He said and ruffles my hair.

✤ ✤ ✤

  I watched as Angelica and Hagan walk away to his house. I sigh and look at Angelica one last time before heading in. 'I almost kissed her.' Was the thought that was running through my mind. She was perfect, tan, brown medium length curly hair, black glasses, brown eyes, about 5'6. I sigh to myself again and head to the kitchen.

  "Heya Luke." Uncle Owen says to me. "Hey Uncle Owen, hi Aunt Beru." I said. "How'd you like Angelica?" Uncle Owen asks. "She's really nice, amazing, cute, basically perfect." I said under breath. "Looks like Lukey here is catching feelings." Aunt Beru says. I feel the heat rise to my cheeks. "He's even blushing." Uncle Owen says pointing out the obvious. "Well you'll see here again because I invited them to come over tomorrow." He said. "Yess!!" I said.

I enter the garage to discover the robots nowhere in sight. I take out a small control box from his utility belt similar to the one the Jawas were carrying. He activates the box, which creates a low hum, and Threepio, letting out short yell, pops up from behind the Skyhopper spaceship. "What are you doing hiding there?" I question. Threepio comes out from hiding, yet Artoo is still no where in sight. "It wasn't my fault, sir. Please don't deactivate me. I told him not but he's kept babbling on about his mission." Threepio says to me. "Oh, no!" I yell out. I run out of the garage and I hear Threepio behind me.

I rush out of the small doomed entry to the homestead and search the darkening horizon for the small triped astro-robot. Threepio struggles out of the homestead and on the salt flat as I scan the landscape with his electrobinoculars.

"That R2 unit has always been a problem. These astro-droids are getting quite of hand. Even I can't understand their logic at times." Threepio says behind me. "How could I be so stupid? He's nowhere in sight. Blast it!" I yell out. "Pardon me, sir, but couldn't we go after him?" Threepio asks me worried about his droid friend. "It's too dangerous with all the Sandpeople around. We'll have to wait until morning." I answer him sighing. "Luke, I'm shutting the power down for the night." I heard Uncle Owen yell from the home plaza. "All right, I'll be there in a few minutes. Boy, am I gonna get it." I sigh while closing my eyes. I take one final look across the dim horizon. "You know that little droid is going to cause me a lot of trouble." I said to Threepio. "Oh, he excels at that, sir." Threepio says to me.

  Later that night when I got to my room, all I could think about was her. "Why are you so perfect." I mutter to myself as I slowly fell asleep.