[Chapter 1] 10-15-2019

10-15-2019
Emery
I know that for some reason, things happen to us. Why they happen, you may ask? That, I am not so sure of. Maybe we did something in our past lives that made us deserve our fate. I'm still wondering.

Finding out news that is unsettling can destroy the way you view the world. Then you have someone come into your world and further change everything you ever believed in. It's crazy how fast you change because of someone. That's what happened to me. I'm not the same. I don't think the same, I don't look the same, I don't feel the same. Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's go back to the beginning.

_________________

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Sunlight filters through my curtains slowly. I glance over to my alarm clock and mentally groan. I forgot to change the time last night. It's only 7:15. I'm going to the doctor today to get blood work done for school. My appointment was at 9.

"Emery, if you don't shut off that annoying alarm clock soon, I'm going to make sure it never goes off again!" I hear my brother shout from his room down the hall. I laugh under my breath. "You idiot! You're supposed to be up by now!" I hear a loud thump and a series of curse words from down the hall. He must have fallen out of his bed. Again.

I full on laugh at that. Snorts and all. Then I fall out of my bed as well. "F*ck that hurt!" I scream. That's gonna leave a bruise, I think while standing up and rubbing my thigh. Mason walks into my doorway and looks at me while laughing. "It's not that funny, you jerk."

I walk to my closet after he leaves to pick a comfortable outfit. I grab a short sleeve t-shirt with a dinosaur on it, I'm pretty sure it was my brother's, and a pair of leggings. I don't normally wear short sleeves in autumn, but since I'm getting a needle shoved into my arm, it will be easier to get it into my arm.

I throw my hair up into a messy bun, and when I say messy, I mean so messy birds would mistake it for their nests. As I walk downstairs, I hear moaning coming from my parent's room. I shudder thinking about what goes on behind that door. I know I came into this world somehow, but knowing it and hearing it are two very different things.

When I walk into the kitchen, I see Mason eating my Lucky Charms. No one eats my cereal. "You're such a d*ck." I grumble and reach for the cereal box from the pantry and pour crumbs into my bowl. "YOU FINISHED OFF MY CEREAL?!" I see Mason cringe, knowing that he f*cked up. "Sorry sis." He then scoops more of the cereal into his mouth using my designated ice cream eating spoon. "I can't believe we are related." I say to the d*ck eating my food.

"Hey honey." My mom says while sauntering into the kitchen. Her hair is a mess and Mason and I share a look knowing why. "Hello, Mother." I formally say with a british accent. She chuckles. "Good morning, sweetheart." My dad says from the other side of the room. "No it isn't."

"What's wrong now?" My dad asks sarcastically. "Mason ate all of my cereal!" Mom laughs and smacks Mason on the back of his head. "Well honey, that's okay, you wouldn't have time to eat it anyways. The doctor called me and said that he needs us in earlier to get all the bloodwork done because he has to be somewhere by 10, and we all know how long it takes to put a needle in you." Mom says apologetically.

"Wait, seriously? It's going to take me at least 30 minutes to brush my hair! And I have to make sure everything is clean, and I have to call Olivia and Charlotte, and WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER?" I say in one breath. I tend to panic if I get news. "Hon, you can brush your hair in the car. Let's go." I huff and grab my checkered vans and hop in the car.

Luckily I had a brush lodged under the seat, and tried to make myself presentable before we got to the doctor's office. I took my hair out of the messy bun from earlier and tugged it into a ponytail, and attempted to smooth out the bumps. "After the appointment I'm going to drop you back at home, but I'll be back at three to pick you up and then we have to go to your brother's game." I groan. Mason's games are so boring, and he doesn't even play! He went out for QB, but the bad boy, Kaiden Martin, got it instead. I hate his guts.