"Nothing too major." Windu began.
"There's a couple of youths messing about with homemade, possible hazardous, droids just outside the city.  I was wondering if you could go and check it out, make sure there's not too much trouble being caused."

"Yes. We'll be happy to." My brother said, glancing at me.

And so, my brother and I went on our first assignment. I won't bore you with the details and it really was nothing too exciting or major. It was more about the thought of going on more missions and assignments with Markcol. Working alongside him and fighting by his side.

———————————————————————————
The next two years went flew by, and everyday as a Jedi, my connection with the force grew stronger. I was also getting incredibly good at wielding my green lightsaber and was a very strong fighter. The connection between my brother and I grew continuously stronger too, we never left each others side and we always had each other's back.

But that all changed.

There was one day where we were assigned to a mission on Kashyyyk. There had been reports of a Separatist base being set up and Wookiees being attacked. Markcol and I were asked to go and check it out.

So we did. We travelled to Kashyyyk and sure enough, the Separatists were making themselves at home. It was just me and Markcol on this mission and we wish we had brought reinforcements.
We snuck into the base, surveying the area and gathering intelligence. We managed to find a control room, with multiple panels and Keypads. However, we were spotted and caught. Quickly, we became surrounded by battle droids. We put up a good fight and took out as many as we could.

But then, out of no where, a more powerful droid, painted red from head to toe arrived. It had a blaster and did not hesitate to use it. Even with the force on our side, she was incredibly strong. Every time I tried to strike, she would parry my attack as if they were nothing. It was almost impossible to deflect the rate of fire from her blaster. At one point, it kicked me in the stomach, sending me flying backwards and causing my head to go dizzy.

I tried to refocus my vision and stumbled to my feet. I could see the blurry shapes of my brother fighting and flashes of his green lightsaber. I shook my head as I regained my sight and stood up, lightsaber in hand. What happened next haunted me and replays in my mind almost every day.

I saw the whole thing happen in slow motion. The Red fighter grabbed Markcol tightly by the throat and lifted him up off the ground. He dropped his lightsaber as he squirmed and struggled in it's grasp. I just froze. I couldn't move. It was like I hadn't spent my whole life training for moments like this. Then, it pushed the barrel of her blaster up to his chest and pulled the trigger.

The red beam went straight through him and his body fell limp. The droid dropped my brothers body like it was worthless. And that's when I snapped out of it. I felt rage and anger sore through every bone, muscle and vein in my body. I had never felt this feeling before.

I gripped the hilt of my lightsaber firmly with both of my hands and lunged towards this Red Devil. I drove the blade directly through it's armoured chest plate. It fell to it's knees and I towered over it. I withdrew the blade and let the wretched heap of metal collapse down.

I turned around to see my brother laying on the floor, lifeless. A singed, fresh hole through his chest. I fell to my knees beside him and cradled him in my arms. Tears fell from my eyes like waterfalls and I cried out in pain. I held Markcol, my brother, my best friend, my ally, in my arms. Dead. There's was nothing I could do.

Suddenly, I sensed more battle droids closing in on me, they were close. I had to get off of the planet. Markcol's lightsaber was by his side, I picked it up and attached it to my belt. My vision was clouded with tears but I knew if I didn't move fast, I'd soon be dead too.

I scooped my arms under Markcol shoulders and tried to drag him backwards out of the control room. But it was no use, I tripped and fell back onto the ground.

I knew I had to make a decision, escape to the ship now, alone and survive. Or try to bring Markcol with me and more than likely end up like him. My head was a mess and my thoughts were running wild. If I was to try and bring him with me, I wouldn't reach the ship in time. But I didn't want to just leave him there.

So leant down and stroked his cheek,
"I'm sorry, Markcol." I whispered through a blanket of tears.

I sensed the enemy getting closer and closer. I really had to get going. I stood up from my bothers side and wiped my cheeks. Making a run for it, I headed back to the ship. As soon as I touched the ship doors, red blaster beams began to fly at me. I clambered into the pilots chair and started the engine. As soon as I left the atmosphere, I jumped to light speed and flew back to Coruscant.

I hated myself for leaving my brother there. But I couldn't bare the thought of ending up like him. Sadness and sorrow filled my heart and I had no words to describe the emptiness inside of me.

Markcol was dead.

A/n
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed.
Happy for any feedback or constructive criticism. :)