Chapter 2: Mikaela and the Signal

In which Alison attends a party, lands a date, and gets arrested.

Recommended Listening for this Chapter: Transformers The Score, track "Sam at the Lake", "What I've Done" - Linkin Park

-

The next day, a Friday, was pretty boring, compared to the events I knew were to come. Went to school with Miles (which did include a pop quiz in Hosney's but it was easy), heard some people talking about the lake party, and I convinced Miles that we should go. Most people weren't going to show up until after six, so that gave Miles and I time to go home and freshen up.

After taking a quick shower and shaving my legs, I pulled on a white tank top, jean short shorts, a pair of ankle socks, and brown ankle boots. Over top, I threw a blue and green flannel shirt with three-quarters sleeves, which I left hanging open. I also added a silver moon necklace to go with my earrings, and dusted on some blue-green eyeshadow and very light blush with pink lip gloss. Turning around in front of the mirror, I smiled. I looked casually sexy, in an outfit my real mom would probably have a heart attack over. Hopefully, it would be enough to start seducing Mikaela.

Since I was home, I decided to check my Ebay page. Instead of Ladiesman217, I was LadyLover217, which fit very well, though I currently just had eyes for one in particular. Nothing had a bid on it, which I had expected. I did decide to take down the post about the glasses, though. Sure, Barricade and Frenzy probably already had the info and would still find me, but if they didn't have it, it might slow them down a bit.

Mojo had joined me in my room, flopped out on a pile of clothes with his bedazzled collar and little leg in a cast. I rolled my desk chair over to him and scratched his head and chin. "You want your pain pills?" I asked him, and he sat up. I picked up the pill bottle and gave him one. "Who's my little crackhead, huh? You are!" I teased him, giving him another scratch before setting him on the floor. "Just don't pee on the bed, alright?"

He gave me a little bark, then took off down the stairs. I picked up my purse - a nice light brown leather one with adjustable straps to hang over a shoulder or like a backpack - and, after one last check in the mirror, went downstairs, nabbing a couple sodas from the fridge before going outside. At the last second, I remembered about the path and stepped on it instead of the grass.

Ron looked up to me from where he was laying more pavers. "Thank you for remembering the path."

"No problem, Dad," I said, then I looked at Mojo, who was laying in front of his dog house, then at Judy. "Mom, why'd you put jewelry on Mojo again?"

"It's his bling." Judy said.

"He's a boy dog, Mom. He already as self-esteem issues from being a Chihuahua."

"Oh, don't exaggerate." Judy gave my shoulder a light swipe before I walked over to Bumblebee. "I want you home by eleven o clock!"

"Yes, Mom. I'll call if I end up running late," I say, climbing in.

"Eleven o'clock," Ron repeated.

"And please for the love of God, drive safely."

I gave her a smile and a thumbs up before Bee and I pulled out of the driveway. Once a little bit down the road, I asked, "Okay, Bee, you heard me talk about Mikaela with Miles earlier, right?"

-- All I wanna do is hold you tight - Take me, make me yours -- he played, and I gave a short laugh.

"Yeah, basically. Well, you know you've got to behave around Miles, but if Mikaela shows up, try to be really good, okay? I want to impress her."

The radio clicked on and Wingman came on. -- It was my turn tonight and it was your job to make me look good --

I smiled. "Yes, please, but you're my wingman, not me being yours."