one | the introduction

Start from the beginning

The five of you laughed, before Stanley turned back to you, "At the Bar Mitzvah, I read from the Torah, and then I make a speech and suddenly, I become a man."

You squint your eyes at the boy, not entirely knowing how that worked, and raised an eyebrow.

"I could think of funner ways to become a man."

"'More fun' you mean." Stanley corrected.

Suddenly the five of you walked past a group of older boys standing in the hallway. They were the notorious group of bullies every school has, and it consisted of Reginald 'Belch' Huggins, Vic Criss, and Patrick Hockstetter... and then there was the supposed 'leader'. The worst of them all.

Henry Bowers.

The asshole had been hitting on you for a while now, even once cornering you on your way to the female classrooms and telling you he 'knew you wanted it'.

You had kneed him in the balls and sprinted away as fast as you could.

"Oh shit," you heard Richie begin as the five of you tried to walk past them as quick as you could, "Think they'll sign my yearbook? 'Dear Richie, sorry for taking a hot, steaming dump in your backpack last March. Have a good summer.'"

You all started to laugh again, before turning to walk down the stairs and out the door, on the way a teenage girl bumped into you.

You let out a little squeak as you almost fell backwards, but Bill wrapped an arm around you and stood you back up. You could feel your face going red at the strong arm around your waist, but the oblivious boy didn't notice as he gave you a small smile and turned back to whatever conversation Eddie and Richie were having.

You all continued to walk down outside, and walk to the trash bins.

You removed your bag from your back, and unzipping it, you began to empty all your school notebooks and supplies into the black, crusty bins. You let out a happy sigh.

"Best feeling ever," Stanley voiced your thoughts and you nodded your head to him.

"Yeah? Try tickling your pickle for the first time," Richie told the group, causing you to make a face at him.

"I don't have one of those, Richie."

"Then just tickle the other thing," He shrugged and winked at you. You just cocked an eyebrow before rolling your eyes and putting your bag back on your back after making sure it was empty.

"Hey, what do you guys want to do tomorrow?" Eddie asked the group.

"I start my training," Richie replied.

"Wait, what training?"

"Street fighter."

"Is that how you want to spend your summer? Inside of an arcade?"

"Beats spending it inside of your mother. Ohhhh!" Richie raised his arm to high-five you at his remark, but you just grabbed his wrist and lowered it.

"What if we go to the quarry?" You suggested, placing Richie's arm by his side and letting go.

"G-guys, we have the B-b-barrens," Bill said suddenly, looking at you in the eye. You gave him a pitiful look back.

Ever since Bill's little brother, Georgie, went missing, he had been hooked on the fact that he was still alive. The death had completely broken him and his family, and you knew how it felt, so you replaced your look with a smile, before replying "right."

"Betty Ripsom's mom," Eddie said suddenly, which caused you to tear your eyes away from Bill and look towards the front of the school, where Betty Ripsom's mom was standing near a police officer. It made you feel sad, especially since she looked like she had been crying.

"Is she really expecting to see her come out of that school?" Stanley asked quietly as the group examined the poor woman. 

"I don't know. As if Betty Ripsom's been hiding at Home Ec. for the last few weeks." You joked, trying to lighten up the mood, but failing when it didn't even make you crack a smile. "You think they'll actually find her?"

"Sure. In a ditch. All decomposed, covered in worms and maggots. Smelling like Eddie's mom's underwear." Richie replied.

"Shut up! That's freaking disgusting!" Eddie complained while Bill looked at Richie with a far-away look in his eyes.

"She's not dead. She's m-m-m-missing." He told him sternly, and you tilted your head sadly at the boy.

"Sorry, Bill. She's missing," Richie replied, before cracking a smile, "You know the Barrens aren't that bad. Who doesn't love splashing around in shitty water?"

Remember the group of bullies I was talking about earlier? Yeah, well, they turned up again after Richie finished that sentence.

They all walked behind the group of you, and Henry pushes Richie into Stanley, causing them both to fall to the ground. Stan's hat falls of in the process, and Patrick picks it up.

"Nice Frisbee, flamer," he taunts.

"Give it back!" Stan yells from the floor, but Patrick just laughs before throwing the hat into the window of a passing school bus. Your eyes widened.

"Fucking losers!" he taunted again.

Belch burped in Eddie's face, and Henry purposely bumped into Bill on his way past. You cracked your knuckles and got ready to punch a few people. You knew you could have done some damage, and you would have if it wasn't for Eddie's arm around you, not letting you move. He definetely wasn't considered 'strong', but his arm was enough to hold you back for a few moments while you rethought your actions.

"Fuck off, Henry!" You snapped, and Henry turned, locking eyes with you. 

"One day you're gonna pick a fight with the wrong person, L/n," he started, walking towards you, "you should leave Derry, while you still have the chance."

"Y-You s-suck Bowers!" Bill stuttered angrily at the group, and you looked over at him with wide eyes. He didn't usually speak up like this, and you were kind of marvelling right now.

"Shut up, Bill." You heard Eddie snap quietly, knowing it was best not to pick a fight with him.

"You s-s-s-say something, Bi-Bi-Bi-Billy? You got a free ride this year 'cause of your little brother, ride's over, Denbrough" Henry mocked and approached Bill, but stopped when he noticed his father was there. "This summer's gonna be a hurt train for you and your faggot friends." He finished after a few moments, licking his hand and rubbing the saliva on Bill's cheek. He began walking off towards his friends car, and you let out a sigh of relief he was gone.

"I wish he'd go missing." Richie whined, who had stood up behind the three of you with Stan.

"He's probably the one doing it," You replied gravely as Eddie let go of you. 

No one else said anything as you all walked to your bikes.