six

Karla's pov;
"Ruby do I still need to dance with Oscar?"I asked.

Ruby looked at me confused.

"Why would that be a problem?"he asked.

"We kind of broke up. We just aren't seeing each other."

"Too bad. You'll see each other and dance with one another."

"Hopefully he won't show."I said lowly.

He looked at me sternly. Then the front door opened in came Abuelita and her group of friends with the food. As Jasmin left to go home.

"Mijo, where are we gonna set up the buffet? There are no tables in the back."

"Wait what? Who took them?"

Cesar stood up. "Some guy said he needed them."

Then Monse stood up. "It was the fireworks guy!"

"We're having fireworks?"Olivia asked amazed.

"Nice way to ruin the surprise! And yes fireworks at 9."Ruby scoffed.

"Somebody get his parties out of a bunch."Abuelita said making us all chuckle.

The door opened again and it was Oscar. Monse stood there frozen when she saw him.

"I need to go fix my dress."Olivia said.

Ruby nodded and she turned to Cesar. "Cesar!"

She and Cesar went into her room to fix whatever was wrong. I sat on the couch and Oscar sat next to me.

"Hey I'm sorry for what I said. That shit was really low."he said.

I shrugged my shoulders. "It's whatever now Oscar. Lets just get this dance over with."

I didn't even dare look at him because I knew he'd reel me in quick. Olivia and Cesar left the room and Ruby was announcing the spots.

"Okay so Jamal isn't here so Monse you get to dance with me."

"Fun."Monse said sarcastically.

"Cesar and Olivia and then Oscar and Karla."

"Actually we just broke up."Olivia said.

Everyone looked at the confused.

"When did this happen?! Cesar your timing is terrible!"Ruby yelled.

"Dude she dumped me."Cesar said.

"We dumped each other."Olivia reassured him.

"Well who are you going to dance with?!"Ruby asked.

"With you."she smiled.

Ruby's problems then faded away and he was smiling. We all laughed because he just stood there smiling.

"Well it's show time guys."I smiled.

Everyone got into their positions and then we headed outside. Cesar, Monse, Oscar, and I were pair in pair standing on the side while Ruby and Olivia did their proper entrance.

"So you're just not going to talk to me the whole time?"Oscar asked.

I nodded. "That's my plan. Plus I really don't have anything to say to you."

"Chula, I like you a lot. Fuck you see the shit you make me say. I sound like a little kid trying to ask someone out. I don't wanna lose you."he said.

Before I could say anything Cesar said "We're up."

We then started dancing and Oscar was looking at me and everything else didn't matter. What mattered was him and how we danced together.