She sees her friend moving her lips, telling her things that she doesn't understand, she doesn't want to understand.

But has to. If Lily is insulting her, telling her to stay away, calling her repulsive, disgusting, revolting, she deserves it, she deserves it all.

So she listens.

"Please, Nini, come back to me. Please".

Jenine is now becoming aware of the tears filling her friend's eyes.

Her world becomes clearer.

"Nini, please, answer. It's okay. It's okay".

Jenine feels her friend's fingers clutching her shoulders. Her breath becomes more even.

"I understand if you want to leave", she manages to say then, "I understand, but Lily, I just", her voice breaks, "I just want you to know that I... I didn't ask for this. I tried to help it but I couldn't. I swear. I swear I tried to, to stop these feelings, because..."

She interrupts herself, unsure.

Lily doesn't pull away. She looks at her seriously, more serious than ever, her usually soft eyes now fixed sternly in her stare.

"Why did you try to stop them?" she asks.

Jenine frowns, confused.

"What?"

The tallest girl keeps staring at her.

"Why did you try to stop your feelings?"

Jenine looks at her friend in utter surprise.

"Because... they are bad. I mean you... they are one-sided! And that makes them... bad for us".

Lily grasp Jennie's cheeks with the palm of her hands, the tenderness of the gesture contrasting with the sharpness of her look.

"What do you feel for me, Jenine?"

The shortest girl blushes furiously.

"Lily, please".

Her eyes fill with tears again. This is her punishment.

"What do you feel for me, Jenine?", Lily insists, pointedly.

Jenine opens and closes her mouth twice, without producing a sound. Then, she answers.

"Love", she says, her tone of voice low, shameful.

Lily swallows, stares at her for a moment, and then exhales loudly.

Jenine is ready to be punched, pushed, insulted, put into shame.

Instead, she is pulled in with a decisive tug.

And just like that, she is being kissed with soaring passion.

Jenine feels Lily's lips moving against hers almost with desperation, and she needs just a few seconds to adjust and give everything back. She pours, and pours, and pours, and Lily pours back. At some point, the tallest girl moves her hands downwards to pull Jenine closer by hugging her waist. Half-instinct and half-want, the shortest girl lets her fingers thread in Lily's long hair.

The tallest girl pulls away for a second, only to mumble a delighted fuck, and then searches for another angle, tugging the shortest girl's body backwards until she's sitting on the couch with Jenine straddling her, both mouths still melting into each other's heat.

They keep tangling like that for a few more minutes, until the shortest girl pulls away panting, her eyes still shinning with mild dizziness.

They girls look at each other, Lily with her head slightly tilted up, Jenine squirming lightly in her lap.