WindWings

Name: WindWings

Name: WindWings

Diet: Carnivorous

Average lifespan: A WindWings average lifespan is 85 years, only some reach this age because of the war and now die in battle when their only around 20 or 30.

Scale colour(s): WindWings have three types of scale colour, white, gold, or yellow, the shades of these colours vary among different dragons, their underbelly is the opposite of their main scale colour, so if their main was white, their underbelly would be yellow or gold.

Eye colour(s): A WindWings eyes can be any shade of blue, light green and sometimes light purple.

Horns/spikes/claws: WindWing horns curve a lot like a SkyWing's but more elongated, their spikes are thin and long, they run down their back until the spikes get near the end of the tail, their claws are curved so they can cling to rock walls.

Body shape: WindWings have long slender bodies a little like a snake, they are built light to help them glide over long periods of time.

Wings: Obviously a WindWings wings are huge, ginormous even, they have the biggest wingspan of any dragon, even larger than a SkyWing's.

Other appearance details: A WindWings underbelly is covered with cloud markings made of small scales instead of the large scales of a normal underbelly, these cloud markings are also on their forehead, going from their horns to the middle of their snout, also on the chin they have two "flaps" like a SeaWing, though more elongated.

Abilities: WindWings breathe two things, the first being a strong gust of air that can blow opponents back, or second a cloudy mist that makes the opposing dragons unable to see clearly.

Special Abilities: Like most tribes, WindWings can have Animus dragons, but sometimes a black egg is laid, these special black WindWings have control over the clouds and air, seen in no other tribe.

Strengths: WindWings are strong when fighting in the air and most are unmatched, they are also good at fighting in mountains, since they are agile enough to evade any other dragon.

Weaknesses: On the ground a WindWings wings get in the way sometimes and they trip, also WindWing scales aren't very thick so a well placed fire blast could cripple them.

Kingdoms name: WindWing Mountains

Kingdom location: The WindWing Mountains are located on the "arm" of Elrathia.

Royals: Queen Whirlwind, King Gust, Commander Aero

Palace(s): The main palace is located on a twin-peak mountain called Mount Skyavon, it is  similar to Jade Mountain, there is a beach palace from before the war, but it hasn't been used in a century.

Other buildings: The other main buildings are the hatching peak, which was built in the centre of the palace for all royal eggs, the museum, which holds most WindWing history, and the Sky Ruins, which are located on a mountain peak near the twin-peak mountain

Ranks/occupations: Like most tribes, the first ranking is the Queen, then King, after that is the rest of the royal family, the Royal Guards, the Aristocrats, the Guards/Soldiers, Civilians, and finally, the lowest rank is Low-gliders.

Tribe relationships: WindWings can either stay with their mate or choose a new one, though the tribe will not accept an Aristocrat being a mate with a Civilian or Low-glider.

Attitude towards dragons with special powers: WindWings are very kind to dragons with Animus magic, or black WindWings, they often get to stay in the palace.

Attitude towards hybrids: Hybrids are acceptable if they are not from Pre-Wings, BoulderWings, or DeathWings.

Eggs: WindWing eggs are white with gold and yellow on their top and bottom, there are also black eggs as said earlier, and one case where a non-hybrid egg was red.

Dragonets: Dragonets hatch on the peaks of mountains, after the hatch they are taken care of by the parents and other family members, at the age of three they take a test to see if they are an Animus, the black WindWings are put in special classes at their school so they can learn to control the weather.

Naming: WindWings are named after things in the air or about air, examples: Draft, Peregrine, Breeze, Cyclone, Tornado, Hawk, Ledge, and Ozone.

Other cultural details: WindWings don't have any religions, but they are free to practice other religions if they choose, every month dragons can come to the Queen for help, every Soldier that dies is honoured by having an Avio flower planted on a special cliff.

History: Before the war the WindWings were a very peaceful tribe, trading and socializing with most tribes, now WindWings are quite violent, they never back a away from a battle. The red WindWing was named Cyron, she was an Animus, and could control energy, Cyron used her powers to make a shield of energy that would protect the great WindWing city if it was being attacked, she also made many other gifts for her tribe, after she passed a statue was built in her honour and placed in the great WindWing museum along with some of her enchanted objects.