It kills me to admit it, and I can't bear to look him in the eye- it might kill me. In the market not listening was the equivalent of fifty lashes and two days in the cage. With Master... I don't know what to expect. It almost frightens me more.

I sink automatically into my punishment position, tears spilling onto the floor only to be pulled up firmly again.

"I don't want to see you in that position again until your stitches are completely healed. If you do it again I'm going to punish you."

I nod frantically, eager to show that I'm listening.

"Now," he says. "You and I both know it isn't okay for you to ignore me when I speak to you."

My blood runs cold.

"Yessir," I breathe.

"What i said to you was that you need to eat twice a day, and I need to be there. Now turn around."

***DOMINICK'S POV***

I can't spank him and I can't edge him; he has stitches in and he's covered in burns and scratches across his dick and balls. I don't want to hurt him badly, so it has to be mental. The problem is I hate to do that too, because I know how badly he beats himself up already. It isn't okay to ignore me though.

"What did I just say to you Jase?" I ask, and I can tell he's crying.

"You need to eat twice a day, and I need to be there.." from anyone else I would have taken it as cheek and punished them immediately; but I know that he is trying to prove he was listening, and might not even know how to adjust the sentence around. Rather than correct him, I mentally sigh.

"You're going to lie down on the couch on your stomach. I'm going to ask you what your new order is five times. Each time you will answer me correctly and tell me what you did wrong. Then I'm going to hit the soles of your feet five times with a switch and you will count for me. Every time you repeat the order incorrectly or do not count, two smacks will be added. Do you understand?"

He was trembling, but I knew he could do it.

"Yes Master," he finally got out, and i motioned to the couch. He hesitantly laid down on his stomach, and I let him keep his clothes on, hoping they would be some comfort for him.

"What is your order Jase?"

"You need to eat twice a day and I need to be there. I need l-listen to Master, be better Sub."

I flinched myself at his words. I don't know why he can't understand that he is a beautiful pet, that I value him and want to care for him. I'll deal with it in aftercare.

"What is your order Jase?" We go through it five times, and by the end he's crying quietly into the couch cushion and I know the guilt is eating at him. I move with the switch in hand to kneel by his feet where they're exposed only to groan out loud. His feet are crossed in red lines like he's walked through a briar patch, black and blue. I can't hit him here. Jesus, is there anywhere on him untouched? I need to do a full examination because I hate feeling like I've promised something and not delivered.

"Jase. I'm not going to hit your feet. Strip but don't stand yet; just stay on the couch."

I help him pull the clothes off and kiss him gently, pressing our lips together only to feel him gasp loudly against our mouths. I forgot I've only kissed him before while he was hazy or unaware.

His lips are so soft and passive against mine, too passive. Like kissing a doll.

"Are you going to kiss me back?" I smile against his mouth, and he shocks me by immediately wrapping his arms around my neck, tugging at my hair to get me closer to him. My hands go around his torso gently, always worried about how breakable he is, supporting his back carefully.

"Baby," I whisper quietly, before I can stop myself. My hands press him into me, and he finally detaches his lips to breathe.

"My boy," I whisper as he tucks his head into my neck. "Such a beautiful little pet for me. I hate when you say you aren't a good sub. You're perfect."

He shudders silently and I pull back in concern only to realize that he doesn't have any clothes on.

" I want to do a kind of examination, okay? Make sure there aren't any more hurts I don't know about." I realize with a bit of a shock that I called his injuries hurts, the same thing that my Mother used to call them before she died. I guess it's the same protective feeling.

"Don't move. I'm gonna grab the first aid kit- it's just down the hall, I'll be right back." He loses some color when I say I'm leaving but I kiss him gently and then go to grab it.

I'm teaching for it in the bathroom when the doorbell rings.