4 | chapter four

someone might say

4 | 4

C H A P T E R  F O U R

"I HOPE YOU CHOKE on a fucking cactus cream pie, dick weasel."

Myles exasperatedly gasped, blinking his eyes as if what I uttered was the most appalling statement he'd ever heard. He narrowed his eyes in clear outrage and I stuck out my tongue in reply, secretly hoping that Declan doesn't drive off the street tired of our constant bickering. "If I wasn't so mad at you, I'd joke about how I'd weasel my dick into you."

I groaned blinking my eyes rapidly at the flirtatious comment. Even during battle, somehow the idiotic feign can come up with a line on the spot. With those talents, maybe I would've seduced Declan with my charms.

"What are you two even arguing about." Declan yelled, sluggishly.

We were driving into a little plaza to stop for lunch. I wordlessly pleaded that the waiter would be disgusted by Myles' grotesque behavior and face then decide to poison him. Sure, some people would think that is an over the top solution for the measly argument; but in my defense, Myles was being unreasonable.

"Myles said that Starstruck is better than Lemonade mouth."

"That is what you two have been arguing over for the last two hours?" Declan slowly grumbled every word. "In our defense, this debate is one of the most important debates our generation would never witness. It's very argumentative and important to societal structure. Anyone who agrees that Starstruck is on par to Lemonade mouth, I say deserves to have the lack of respect from society."

"Elijah, just say your crush on the long haired dude is clouding your judgement."

I harshly nudged his shoulder, ignoring the exaggerated groan of pain Myles let out. I could see from the corner of my eyes Declan banging his head against the leather seat. "If you guys continue acting like pre pubescent bird brained assholes, I'll beg the waiter to hide rat poison in your food."

At this point, I would love for a pigeon to crash through the window and cause the car to swivel off the road and suddenly we wake up in a ditch and the only way to survive is to eat Myles. I can taste his elbow now. Add some blood for the sauce and slow roast his arm over the fire, a cannibal's wish come true. I could sense Myles quirking an eyebrow at me when I stared at him in a menacingly way. Don't worry Myles, the argument will end soon with a nice meal.

"Elijah, what do you want to do most on the road trip?"

I turned my head towards him slowly, I was taken aback at the question. I tilted my head in obvious confusion with a smidge of a bewildered smile forming on my face, perplexed that Myles asked me a normal question instead of flirting with a cheesy line.

Myles leaned against the car door staring at me, ready for an answer. "Myles, are you asking me a question without an underlying perverted thought?"

He chuckled lightly. "Well I assume you have a lack of interest to see the largest toilet bowl in the world considering how mad you were when you found out that's our destination, so I'm curious what you want to do on this trip." I knew he wasn't going to budge if I simply just ignored him. I didn't like the idea of Myles poking me with his fingers repeating the question like a mantra until I eventually surrender the answer. When Myles started opening his mouth to start his mantra, I held up my finger silencing him. "Honestly, I'd like to see a sky full of stars as cheesy as it sounds. We live in a bustling city and there's always a clear sky, so I haven't seen a star-filled sky since my dad took me out camping. With him gone, I kind of want to see them again to reminisce that memory."

Judging by his face, he didn't expect an actual answer. "Well, if we don't get to see stars during this trip. I'll make sure to bring a night filled sky to you one day."

I choked when I felt my face heating up to his absurd reply. The way he was looking at me seriously, was nerve wracking.

"Myles, the way you said that makes it seem you have a crush on me." I awkwardly laugh.

"Don't worry Elijah, I don't have a crush on you." Myles pursed his lips and stared at me with an intense gaze making me uncomfortable. "It's more than a crush, Buttercup." He clicked his tongue.

I blinked. "Funny joke, asshole. Declan park the car before I throw up on your equally annoying counterpart."

"Not a joke." Myles sing song.

I didn't reply, mostly because I didn't know if he was joking or serious. He most likely was joking considering he usually brags how his love confessions would overthrow all rom coms in the most extravagant way. Myles was leaning against the car door watching me with a subtle smile, my crestfallen puzzled look must have put him in a pleasant mood. His eyes was searching my face, looking for something.

"We're here losers. Now get out of my fucking car and explore while I take this call. Be back here in thirty minutes or else no lunch."

"Stop looking at me like I ate your dog." Myles ruffled my hair.

I froze to remain seemingly unfazed and normal, but I wavered under the soft brushes of his fingers through my hair. My curious nature was getting the best of me when I hesitated to ask if he really liked me or it was a ruse to crumble down my fortress wall to even think of him as a friend.

I didn't expect the clammy hand to interlock with my own again. I wanted to joke about how his hands were probably sweaty because its secretion and roaches discharge secretion. However, seeing his weirdly real joyful smile forced the insult back down my throat. It wasn't the usual flirty smile he always has when making a perverted joke, it was like looking at a kid at a candy shop; eyes gleaming and all.

"Buttercup, look they're selling friendship bracelets."

"Did you just friend zone yourself?"

"Did you just insinuate that I'm able to leave the friend zone?"

FUCK MY LIFE AND STUPID LOOSE MOUTH.

CHAPTER FOUR. FIN.