you flash a soft smile at him, though, he doesn't return it. instead, he stands in place with a monotone expression. he assumed you wouldn't be interested in his work or his interests, so he didn't use the time to consider your repeating presence that was to happen in his life. he simply sighs in defeat and drops his arms to his sides, observing you apathetically.

then you realized the words that came out of byakuya's mouth. i'm staying here? you look towards your parents, hoping for a sort of explanation, but there was nothing in response. you figured byakuya's words were self
explanatory so you don't push further.

soon your parents had bid their goodbyes, leaving you at the ishigami apartment. you enter inside and you look around, it was nice and homely, it didn't feel suffocating like your home.

"make yourself at home, (y/n) chan!" byakuya smiles, and you thank him, averting your attention to senku who was walking back to his room. being curious, you follow him without him noticing.

his room fascinated you, every corner of it was filled with different gadgets and parts. you gawk at them, and you make a tiny squeal causing the boy to turn around.

he jolted a bit, and raised an eyebrow. "how'd you get in here?!" he glares at you, as you look at him, flabbergasted. you inch towards him, making him step back cautiously.

"everything in your room is so cool! what are you planning to do with them?!" you inquire in genuine curiosity. he sweatdrops in agitation, and he took notice that his assumption from earlier about you was proven wrong.

the boy straightens up and clears his throat, "i'm going to space. as soon as possible. with the power of science," he explains, hoping that would make you turn away and leave.

"i wanna come!" you flail your hand up in the air, smiling widely at senku, and he looks at you in surprise. you were the first person his age to take his said goal half seriously.

"yeah yeah, whatever, just be sure to stay out of the way," he rolls his eyes and sits down on his desk, deciding to ignore your comments and impulsive questions. he didn't exactly enjoy your company, he thought it would've been better for him if you hadn't shown up.

meanwhile, you look around the room, and notice a small box of several discarded comic books.

"ne, senku-chan?"

"what are you pestering me with now, blockhead?" he responds, not turning his attention away from his experiment in front of him. you crouch down to take a closer look at the comics.

"are these comic books yours?" you ask, examining them without touching them, figuring he would probably tell you to stop.

"oh those? yeah, you can read them if you want. they're quite ridiculous in my opinion, so i haven't been reading much of them lately," he replies, glaring at your hand which was now holding a copy of a superhero comic you've never heard of.

after a few short minutes, the room was unusually quiet. you were currently flipping through the pages of the book, and you scan every page.

a few pages later, there was a knock on the door and it creaked open, revealing byakuya standing behind it. he examines the two of you and smiles.

"you two are getting along nicely, i see," he coos, and senku raises an eyebrow, while you sit up straight. "dinner has been prepared, kiddos."