"Gee, Sammy I don't know, cos you're a fucking low life crackhead who needs to get his fix?" He asks calmly. 

The life seems to drain out of him then. Like his shoulders just slump down and his head droops. 

"Luke, I swear I'll pay you back-" 

I hold my hand to my mouth to silence my gasp as Lucas punches Sammy in the face. Then in the stomach. He then shoves Sammy to the ground and gives him a kick in the ribs. I want to turn away but I can't. 

"Come in tomorrow at noon. Boss wants to see you. That's midday asshole." Lucas then walks back inside.

I stay where I am, frozen to the spot and watch as Sammy rolls over onto his knees and spits some blood out. He stays there for a moment and his shoulders begin to shake. He was crying.

After a few minutes he gets up and wipes his face, then walks back into the kitchen. I breathe out deeply and lean my head against the tree. That was...I don't even know. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now. Do I tell someone? Can I go back in now? What if Lucas sees me walk into the kitchen? Who was the Boss? Who was the Ripper? For obvious reasons that name freaked me out. I felt like I was caught up in some mafia movie, but this was real life. Trust me I had already pinched myself.

I start to panic. This wasn't a joke. This was some serious shit. I was in possible danger, I didn't know how he'd react if he knew I was watching. Walking back into the house and through the kitchen was not an option. For all I knew there could be people posted there or something. My over reactive imagination wasn't helping either.

I look around the garden. There had to be some other door into the house, but I didn't want to walk past the kitchen one in case anyone saw me. What if they were watching from the windows? Shit.

Hang on. I take in a deep breath and follow the wall of the house, the opposite direction of the kitchen, and yes! There was an alleyway around the house, leading to the front. I quickly walk down it and emerge on the front lawn of the house. I breathe a sigh of relief and head back into the house through the front door, grateful this time for the heat and overcrowdedness. I put down the empty can of coke on a shelf and clench my fingers, trying to get some blood into them and look at my watch. It was only half one but I wanted to leave. I didn't want to be annoying and tell Fi and Vicky I wanted to leave now. And I didn't want to call up Alfie for that same reason. I'm about to walk back into the throng of dancing bodies to look for the girls when someone calls my name.

I turn and see Parker. "Hey," he says, walking over. 

"Hi," I say and clear my throat. "How're you finding the party?"

Parker shrugs and then stares at my face. "Hey are you alright?"  

I am interrupted from answering by a voice that I had hoped to never hear again.

"Hey Parker I'm gonna get going now I have to work tomorrow." Lucas says, emerging from a corridor. He looks up and sees me, a smirk forming on his face. "Is this another one of your lady friends?" He asks.

My usual smart arse replies are held back and I try not to look too...well scared shitless. Parker rolls his eyes.

"Kenny this is Lucas, Luke this is Kenny." Parker takes a sip from his drink. "He's my brother." He adds. My heart stops for a second as I realise now why he looked familiar. They both have the same deep green eyes and strong jaw structure. It's just the Lucas has longer, darker hair and more prominent cheekbones. Lucas smirks at me again and extends his hand for me to shake. The hand that probably was used to beat someone up. Come on Kenny just fake it. You're a pro at that. Besides, he didn't even see you. No one did.