Chapter Four

"Guys, Karrae still hasn't woken up. Should we be concerned?"The sound of Tooth's voice woke me from my peaceful sleep. That and the fact that my phone has been vibrating for twenty minutes straight.

"She's been through a lot guys, everything will be fine." How have they not noticed that I'm not asleep anymore? Well, I know one way to get them to notice. I take out my phone and dial Maverick's, I mean Sandy's, number. Kiss The Girl from The Little Mermaid fills the room. I know that isn't his actual ringtone.

"What? Guys, it's Karrae..." They all turn to look at the bed and I wave to them. "Karrae! We were so worried about you. You fell asleep, and we thought you weren't going to wake up! We can't have the queen dying, now can we?"

"Nope! But, why would I die Sandy? I mean, think about it. What logical reason do you have to explain the probability of me dying? Exactly, none. Anywho, anyone want to go and grab a bite to eat? I'm starving!" They all leave to go and get ready so I start digging through my closet. What kind of clothes are appropriate to wear in the winter? I know, a dress! I like too many dresses! I need to drift away from them. But, today is not that day! I skim through my all blue closet, but one dress stood out the most, a single black dress with an intricate raised design and long train. Hey, it's go big or go home! I grab my black sparkly shoes and head over to the restroom.

"Karrae, wait!" Jack comes running up to me, slightly out of breath. "I was wondering if I could maybe take you to dinner? Just as friends! Unless, you wanted to maybe go as more? You don't have to go if you don't want to though! I just thought that, maybe, it would be fun..." I laugh and his face falls. Oh no. Not that kind of laugh! I need to fix this soon!

"No, Jack! You were rambling, I laughed because it was cute! I'd love to go to dinner with you! Let me just shower and get ready, alright? Tell the others they can order in tonight." He smiles at me and runs off. That boy is really strange! I walk into the restroom and hang my dress on the towel rack where it won't get messed up. I let the water heat up before I got in and did everything I needed to do. I made sure that I had freshly shaved legs and underarms before hopping back out and putting my robe on. It may be made out of ice. but it doesn't melt. Nothing in this house melts, it's very weird, but I accept it. I plug in my hair dryer and attempt to dry the wild mess I am dealing with now. After about twenty minutes of me shaking my hair, trying to get the water out, I pull out my curling iron. I couldn't think of anything else to do, so why not simple curls. I go one inch of hair at a time and wrap it around the heated appliance. I'm surprised that I am actually able to do this and NOT burn myself! I finish the last piece of hair and smile at my achievement. It actually looks decent! Now onto the easy part, make-up! I apply my concealer then move onto my powder foundation. I find the powder a lot easier to deal with than the liquid, and a lot less messy! After that, I put on my eye shadow primer and my bronzer, I need to look less pale! I'm already a number one in my foundation! I do a simple smokey eye with a cat-eye eyeliner and quickly put on some mascara, realizing only now how long I have been in here. I slip in the dress and heels and run down the hallway. You should always fear a woman who can run in heels on ice. I run into my bedroom and over to my ice vanity. Yes, everything is made of ice in here. It is actually very comfortable to sleep on! I put on my ice crystal and grab my black clutch, quickly throwing my phone in before spraying the new Marc Jacobs perfume on, Daisy Dream. I walk to the foyer and run into Niall. I'm not even going to try to call him Sandy anymore. "Maverick! Hey, I hope you don't mind ordering in, I just really want to go to dinner with Jack!" Maverick groans at the mention of his name, but I choose to ignore it.

"You're going out, with Frostbite? Karrae, you have to be kidding! He's nothing but trouble! Trust me, I've had to live with him for the past two hundred years." Jack comes down the stairs, but stops mid-way, his eyes glued on me. I look down and walk up to him.