one

writing prompt: your door bell rings and its a person from an alternate universe "I just want you to know that you are my favourite book character and I know how it ends and I wanna change it"

You're lying on the floor, wondering what's the point in life if nothing actually ever happens, until you're doorbell rings. You wonder, who would ring the bell at 3 in the morning. Curious you amble over and open the door.

"Ok so you are my favourite character ever and ok so I'm from an alternate universe and anyway I want to change your story," this person rattles out, and your like well fuck.

"How is a story about me your favourite book?" The person stares at you in confusion.

"Oh fuck it hasn't happened yet."

"So I hallucinate now apparently." You turn around and invite your hallucination in.

"How did I get the times mixed up... uhh I was so careful... wait... have you met Theo yet?" You have in fact met a Theo, he was kinda of annoying, but at this point the hallucination could say anything and you would do it.

"Uh actually I have."

"Oh ok good, never talk to him again."

"Wait what?"

"He's a dick and you deserve better."

"Wait why are you telling me this?"

"Cause he's a Tamlin." You understand this, Tamlin the tool. The worst Sarah J Maas character to ever have existed.

"Oh thank god.. but wait if there is a Tamlin there's got to be a Rhysand."

"Uh yeah... except Tamlin is the end of you."

"Wait you're saying Tamlin kills me!"

"Yep."

"Oh ok then."

"Your book just ends with you dying.

"That's kinda tragic.. I like it.. wait if I have a book.. does that mean my friend has a book?"

"Uh yes."

"Oooo give me an example of hers."

"Uhhh like... kinda like Harry Potter."

"WHAT! No fair... wait in my version of A Court of Thorns and Roses, are they fae and hot?"

"Uh kinda?"

"Are they hot."

"Yes very."

"Oh ok then I'm fine with that." Your new friend nervously laughs.. you think this is probably not what they expected to be their favourite character to be like.