Music & Chocolate Truffles

I listened to Time For Miracles as tears streamed down my cheeks. It was the anniversary of my little girl's passing. This song fit how I felt about it and it spoke of how I missed Bella. A little bit into the song my phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out and looked at the screen. It was a text from Adam. I smiled a little.

Adam: What're you up too? :)

Me: Crying while I listen to Time For Miracles. I wiped at the tears on my cheeks as I looked at the setting sun.

Adam: Why, what's wrong Fir? :(

Me: Anniversary of Bella's passing A. :'(

Adam: Oh sweetness. The song reminds you of her?

Me: Yeah. How'd you know?

Adam: It fits. Certain parts fit, from what you told me of her.

Me: Yeah. It does.

Adam: Can I come over or do you need to be alone?

Me: Come over. I need a hug.

Adam: Will do sweetness. Be there in a few.

Me: Okay. Drive careful A.

Adam: I will Fir.

I smile. Me and Adam had gotten really close over the past week and a half. We got to know each other better, and he didn't seem to mind that I was always playing his songs when he came over. Whenever I just started crying when he was here, he would just kiss my forehead and hold me. Afterwards, we usually watched the sunset together or played The Game of Things. Sometimes we'd talk or watch a movie or he would sit back and relax as I drew him or just used his facial structure for the outlines of sketches. His facial structure was a good one. He has a strong jawlines and beautiful facial features.

A few minutes later, I heard the lock rattle and I knew it was Adam. I trusted him enough to give him a key to let himself in. I heard the door shut and he walked over to the balcony and wrapped his arms around me as he lay his head on top of mine. Being only 5'8, he was taller than me by quite a bit, but I didn't mind. I wasn't short and I was happy with my height. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back against him. I took in a breath. He smelled good, but then he always does. I knew I loved him, but it was mostly as a friend right now. I knew he was gay, but I wasn't going to try to convert him.

No, that would be unbelievably rude. Rude doesn't even begin to cover it, but it's the only word I could think of right now. I opened my eyes when I felt the pad of his thumb brushing across my cheekbone to swipe the tears away. I sigh.

"You're such a good friend A." I murmur softly. He turns his head to smile at me.

"Not as good as you Fir. You're better," He argues softly. "You never ask for anything except my friendship and a hug. Most people want money or fame or some shit like that."

"I'm not most people. I don't care about money or fame. I just want a friend who will let me ruin their shirt with my tears when I cry on it." He laughs softly and grins at me.

"Which you have done more than twice." I growl, but it is a playful one.

"Never gonna let it go are ya?" He shakes his head.

"Not a chance." I smile and grab his wrist, tugging him away from the balcony.

"Come on you," I grin. "I made chocolate truffles." His eyes gleam.

"Truffles? What for?" I pull him to a stool in front of the kitchen bar before heading into the kitchen.

"I'm a chocolate ho, A. I thought you knew that." He laughed as I pulled a small container of chocolate truffles from the fridge. I opened it and sat down next to him with them, popping one into my mouth.

"How could I forget? That poor chocolataire thought you were going to buy his whole winter stock of white chocolate dragons!" I shrug nonchalantly. He laughs.

"What? I like dragons."

"That's beside the point." He takes another truffle.

"Whatever." I smile at him. He smiles back and we spend the rest of the evening exchanging playfull banter and eating the whole container of truffles. I stop at six, but Adam eats it all. I look at him with adoration.

"How you can eat that many without getting sick is beyond me. I am awed." He laughs. We joke around a bit before heading to bed. I let Adam crash on the couch but first... "Combat boots off A. You know the rule." He does as he's told but not before uttering a sarcastic, "Yes mom." I flick his head.

"Night Adam."

"Night Fira."

________________

Let me know if you like this. and if you do, please leave a comment or vote. please?