Chapter 19: From This Dream

Start from the beginning

"Oh my God." They said at the same time.

"I'm a big LBT fan, please don't tell Jimi and Karen, I don't want them to know that I used to fill my days with watching their concert videos on YouTube. They'll think I'm a freak! I didn't know that I'm related to them, I didn't even know who my father was until two days ago. Please Cassadee." Brooklyn totally freaked out and started to cry.

"Girl, relax! I won't tell anything if you don't want to. I'm a big fan of them too and I do spend all my free time on YouTube to watch their videos. It's not weird at all. Plus, you're even cooler because you love Blake and Miranda too. How did you got these posters? I'm so freakin' jealous of you!"

"My mom had a friend who worked at the Opry. He shipped those to us."

"Lucky duck!"

"Girls? You didn't took my 'fight out who gets which room' -thing too serious, I may hope?" Karen's voice.

"We're coming!" Brooklyn shouted.

Cassadee gave the posters back and hid them under a bunch of shirts.

The two started to giggle.

"These weeks are going to be crazy!"

"Slow down, Cass." 

"I'm sorry aunt Kiki I'm just so excited." She turned to Brooklyn. "I can't wait until you meet my best friend. Bailey is da bomb and likes the same things as us."

"And she is as crazy as Cassadee."

"Yep!"

"Look at them babe," Jimi nodded to the girls who sat on the table reading a magazine. "they look like mini you's."

"Both dark hair and the same face, yeah you're right." Κaren said. "This is one of the less times that I agree with you."

"What? You can't compare me to Karen! She is so beautiful and I'm so not." Brooklyn shouted.

"Hey, don't you dare to say that!"

"Cass? Kitchen? Now?" Jimi whispered.

Cassadee nodded and rushed into the kitchen with Jimi.

"Don't say that you're ugly because you are not." Karen walked to her niece and grabbed her hands. Her bracelets moved and something appeared. Three little scars in her wrist.

Karen looked up and her eyes filled with tears. "Why?"

"I was unhappy. People at school were mean." She stood up and gave her aunt a hug. "Why are you so nice for me?"

''Because we are family.''

"How am I supossed to survive this?" Brooklyn whispered. She had talked a lot with Karen earlier that evening and had moved to the front porch. Now she sat there with Cassadee and were drinking sweet tea. "Together with Jimi, Karen, Phillip, Rebecca and Penelopi at one table. I know these people from the Internet and now they are real humans. I'm going to die I think."

"Die after the dinner. No, after you also met Kimberly."

"Kimberly. Oh my, how is she?"

"Kimberly is an angel."

At that moment they heard doors going open and a wild scream.

"Cassadee it has been two days and four hours since I saw you, I missed you!" Bailey ran to Cassadee and jumped in her arms. 

"Can I jump into your arms?" 

Brooklyn looked down and saw Penelopi standing next to her. "Of course."