Chapter 19: From This Dream

Start from the beginning

"Washington."

"Come, I'll bring you to my old bedroom." Karen grabbed Brooklyn's hand and took her upstairs. 

One look at her family, anger.

"Are y'all out of your mind?" Karen yelled when she walked back down the stairs. "Don't you remember what mom and dad taught us? Family above everything. And what are y'all doing? Fighting! This girl is our family now, the rule counts for her too!"

She took a seat on the kitchen table, like she always did when she was a teenager. "So, what's going to happen to her?"

Everyone kept quiet.

"Okay, she's coming with us." Karen decided. "No discussion. For the summer break and after that we'll look what will happen. We're not on tour anyway." She looked at Jimi.

"It's totally fine with me, babe."

Cassadee started to scream. "That's so not fair!" She jumped off the couch and ran to her mother. "I'm already begging for years to spend a summer break at aunt Kiki and uncle Jimi's place and you never allow me to go and Brooklyn can just go! You know how much I miss Jimi and Kiki and you never let me go. Never! And Bailey is spending the whole break at Phillip and Becky's place and I'm all alone in stupid Georgia, this is so not fair. I hate y'all!" She started to cry and ran to the garden.

"Cass," Matthew stood up and followed his sister.

"Why does she loves you more than me?" Kelli asked Karen.

"Grab your stuff." Jimi said. 

Brooklyn and Cassadee turned around. They were both having breakfast at the kitchen table. 

"Both of you."

"What?" The said at the same time and looked at each other.

"Y'all are spending your summer break in Nashville.

"What? Oh my goodness!" Cassadee screamed and started to cry. "Is this real?" She looked at her parents.

They nodded.

She ran to them and hugged them. "Thank you so, SO much!"

"Cassadee, can you show Brooklyn the guest rooms? You can fight out together who gets which one or maybe you want to share a room. Then we're going to make tea." 

"Okay, aunt Karen!" Cassadee started to giggle and took Brooklyn to the second floor.

"So here is Jimi and Karen's bedroom. It's really fancy, and here's Elijah's. It's even bigger than my living room. The bathroom is on your left side. Jimi and Kiki have one for their own. Here is Karen's room where she paints and all and Jimi's own room is against it. And after almost a five mile walk, we arrive at the guest rooms. Sorry for the lame smile on my face, I'm just so happy!"

"It's fine." Brooklyn laughed. "Do you mind if we share a room? Maybe just for a couple of days. This house is so big, it's kinda scary."

"Of course not! If I'm right this one has two beds." Cassadee opened the first door on her left. "Yep. Which bed do you want? Window or door?"

"Window?"

"Good. Because I have to go to the bathroom a lot at night."

The girls had to laugh and start unpacking their suitcases.

"I'm just leaving everything in it." Cassadee closed her suitcase again and pushed it under the bed. She saw something interesting sticking out of Brooklyn's suitcase.

"Hey, what's that?" She grabbed it carefully and saw that it were a bunch of Grand Ole Opry posters. She looked at the acts. Little Big Town. Little Big Town. Another one from Little Big Town. Miranda Lambert twice and Blake Shelton.