14 - Back In Action

Start from the beginning

,,Do you think I'm ready for something like that?"
,,You better be." Harry simply replied, walking past Louis and therefore out of his room to see the approaching ship himself.
And he saw it. Louis had told the truth.
There was a pirate ship on the horizon, approaching them head on.
,,Here." Louis handed Harry the telescope he had used earlier. Styles took it and scanned over the ship. He noticed similar movements to the ones Louis had seen before.

,,Looks like they are really preparing for a fight."
,,Oh no."
Harry chuckled at Louis' little, concerned moan.
,,I wouldn't worry too much though. It's a rather small ship. Maybe ten or fifteen people max."
Harry took the telescope from his field of vision.
,,Nothing we couldn't handle." He added.
,,Do you think?"

Louis was actually puzzled by how Harry could think that only the two of them could kill another crew with so many members.
,,I mean I held a sword again for the first time yesterday. After two years!" Louis added, just to make sure.
,,Should be enough. And besides, you have me." Harry winked at him, making Louis even more unsure.
But if Harry really thought that they could do it, then maybe he was right.

,,Let's do it then."
Harry gave a quick nod with determination before he made a plan on how the two of them should go about this. Meanwhile, Louis awaited further commands.
,,Ok. Got it." Harry mouthed, ducking down and pulling Louis with him.
Their backs were leaning against the board wall at the very front, as Harry turned to Louis, who was already anticipating further instructions.
,,They seem to be busy, so maybe they haven't seen us yet." He started. ,,Here's the plan. We're gonna wait here till they are close enough to the ship. Once they are close, we'll go down and swim over, get on deck and kill them."
,,Ok." Louis nodded, saving the rather simple steps of the plan in his brain.
,,Good. And remember to let two or three alive."
,,Yeah, like always." Louis smiled.
,,Like always." Harry repeated, enjoying the attention and the determined look on his face. Something he hadn't seen in a long time. He looked beautiful. The seriousness suited him.
This situation reminded Harry of another adventure they had, where they took over a sloop and played poker with the crew before playfully killing them. Unbelievable that this happened three years ago. It was Louis' first ever trust exercise, and he had mastered it perfectly. Better than Harry would have expected.
Maybe this time it could be just like that. Just the two of them killing a few people.

,,So... What now?" Louis asked.
,,We wait." Harry whispered with a slight smile on his lips, as the memories from the sloop rushed through his head.

Louis just nodded and put the sword Harry had given him off to the side for now. Then he turned back around to find Styles caught up in his own mind, while his green eyes laid upon the smaller one, like he was lost in contemplation.
,,Are you OK?" Louis asked quietly, causing Harry to notice what he was doing.
,,Yeah, Everything's fine. Why'd you ask?"
The pirate was actually not sure if he should call Harry out on what he was doing. Maybe he didn't even mean to do it.
,,Just wanted to make sure. I mean I woke you up a couple of minutes ago, and I could imagine that you're still tired."
,,It's fine. I was about to get up anyways. But what were you doing up on deck so early?"
,,Couldn't sleep anymore. Niall is kinda... annoying."
,,I offered you to stay at my place, but you chose to be with Niall. So blame yourself." Harry lifted the corners of his mouth just the slightest bit.
,,And I'm very happy that I saw Niall's face when I woke up and not yours."
,,Hey! Don't be rude. A bunch of people would give a lot to have the opportunity to share a bed with me and yet you turned me down."
,,And I would do it again." Louis replied, deciding that it was time to take a peek over the railing to see how far away the other ship was at this point.

,,I don't even understand why you're being so dramatic about it. We've-"
Louis pressed his flat palm over Harry's mouth. Not cause he wanted to tease him, but because the other ship was already dangerously close.