The Prophecy Of The Susannah Sisters. Chapter 1 (sneak peak)

So, this is a new story of mine. I'm trying to go into a different direction and write sort of Fantasy stories now. So, I hope you like it and will read on when I upload some more.

The Prophecy of the Susannah Sisters.

Chapter 1.

The moon reflected deep in the sky, shimmering off the pool of ice-cold water. Insects sung exotic songs from a different world, pulling me in. I felt the freezing water splash off the tip of my bare toes but still stood my ground. An eagle hovered above me, eying me out like I was his next meal; but I was not afraid of him. Only one thing captured my attention, and that was the army at the other side of the water. Light reflected off their weapons, weapons that I knew were intended to kill me. Their eyes were trained on me and fire flecked within them. I could see them as clear as a picture in a museum; their snarling teeth bared and glinting, ugly eyes focused on me. Yet, I was not afraid of them. I felt something stir inside of me and I breathed in the damp air with a relished sigh. The army never made a move and I knew deep inside me that I was not to either. This was a waiting game.

   So, instead I sat on the cold grass, water soaking into my skin and waited. They seemed to be taken aback by my comfortable position as they all exchanged worried glances. I could tell from a distance what they were thinking. And those thoughts were too ugly to repeat. Their minds were a vacuum of blackness, the coldest colour in the rainbow, yet a flame of red still lingered in one mind. He was angry. At me. I recognised this mind, a mind I used to watch in awe and look to for help. The bright sparks that used to linger deep in his mind, full of creative and suggestive thoughts, now gone and replaced by a deep void of darkness.

   ‘Draw your weapon Dark Princess.’ A whisper voiced inside my mind. It was his thought; he was bored of the waiting game. I stood and watched as all their eyes followed me. I didn’t touch the sword strapped on my shoulder, or the stake strapped on my belt, I simply put my hands up to the heavens.

   ‘I do not need your pity weapons. Goddess Kasha is with me’ I sent out to all my foes. Laughter erupted from their cult and I bowed my head slightly.

   ‘You really are still a child.’ One said in my mind.

   ‘Yes, I am a child of our Goddess Kasha. As are you.’ I said in each and every one of their minds. Anger erupted this time from the crowd and I could hear their hisses from across the water.

   ‘She does not control us.’ One snarled in my mind, followed by similar thoughts.

   ‘She is our Goddess, whether you like it or not.’ I let hardness slip into my thoughts as I broadcasted it. A few insults flew at me but I simply pushed them away, not letting them touch me.

   ‘I hope your precious Goddess is here to protect you now, or else you’re a goner.’ One snarled and I let my hands fall to my sides with a sigh. I shook my head angrily. How dare they talk about her like that!

   ‘And how are you going to do that?’ I ask that individual in his head. I can tell by the darkness in his thoughts that he is the leader. The one who calls the shots. His mind is a place no human would want to be, a place where only pain lives, no love or joy, just plain old darkness. He is what Goddess Kasha once called a Darke Soul.

   ‘We will rip you to pieces, young Lucifer.’ It growled in my head. Any human would have flinched at the amount of hate and disperse in his cold as steel voice, but I was trained for this kind of stuff.

   ‘I would like to see you try.’ I taunted. That’s it, I had done it. The leader looked at his followers and gave a slight nod of the head, signalling that it was now time for my death…