Damon, knowing how aggressive his father was towards his little sister, and fearing for her safety, quickly spoke up. "ok, sono stato io" (ok,it was me).

His father snapped his head toward him, and without a word snatched his arm, lifted his sleeve, pressed his cigar to his skin, then sat back down and began eating. Damon heard his mother returning and pulled his sleeve back down while trying to mask his pain.

 Damon heard his mother returning and pulled his sleeve back down while trying to mask his pain

April 3rd, 1858

Lily Salvatore has consumption. Giuseppe has sent Stefan, aged 11 to fetch cream violets, and told Damon to take his sister to walk in the woods. In the time his children were gone, he has his wife sent to a sanatorium for treatment.

May 23rd, 1858 

Lily Salvatore dies of consumption.

May 26th, 1858

The day of Lily's funeral. Giuseppe is nowhere to be seen, Alisia is forbidden to leave the property without her fathers permission, and is not allowed anywhere public anyways, so she could not attend her mothers funeral. Damon, struck with grief, decided to skip the service, leaving Stefan to attend on his own. Damon eventually felt bad about sending his brother to grieve alone, and left to meet him after assuring that his sister was alright.

Alisia waited until she was sure he had left, before exiting the property herself. She knew she'd be in a world of trouble if her father returned before she got back, but she hadn't left the house since her mother was sent away, let alone the property. She made her way deep into the woods, where she wouldn't be seen, before sitting down against a tree. She liked being in the woods, it made her feel calm, and very powerful. She ran her hands through the dirt, smiling as small flowers popped up wherever her hands touched. Her powers seemed to be the strongest when it came to the elements, she could generate fire, water, earth related things, and even lightning. She could also move the air around her and hover above the ground for a few seconds.

She could also do other magic, but she didn't know any spells which kind of rendered that magic useless.

"We saw that" She heard a voice behind her, but wasn't sure what they said. She snapped her around around, her eyes landing on a girl and a boy standing quite close behind her. How did she not hear them? She was struck with fear, thinking that these people were going to turn her in. 

"You're a witch?" The girl says gently, noticing her fear, however she still couldn't understand her.

"mi dispiace, non ti capisco" (I'm sorry, I don't understand you) Alisia says warily.

They recognized the language immediately, coming from an italian family themselves, and found it strange that a young girl from Virginia knew that but not English.

"Non parli inglese?" (You do not speak English?) The girl switches to Italian, and Alisia shook her head, perking up slightly, not knowing that there were others in her area that spoke her language.