𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟.

As months went on little by little Artist introduced me to his world and it's not like I was going to get scared away, I honestly didn't care. Every day I fell in love with Artist a little more, he made me happy and that was all that mattered.

Tonight, was date night and Artist begged to dress me, so he was currently rummaging through my closet while I fixed my hair & did light make up.

Sincere: Artist hurry up I'm getting cold

Artist: Alright here

I took the clothesand changed into them; it was a cute fit. I was impressed as I looked at myself in the mirror, even though I was sure this bralette was too small he had given it to me to wear and I dared him to say something.

He looked me up and down like he wanted to say something but wouldn't. We got in the car and the driver scooped up Manny, Mike, Don, Chloe, and Mike's date Taylor. We got to the club and was just enjoying ourselves and I found myself at the bar getting Artist and I's drinks when this guy walked up to me.

Man: How you doing tonight? I'm Derrick

Sincere: I don't give my name out too freely

Derrick: I seen you come in with A Boogie and some of the rest of the gang

Sincere: And?

Derrick: I don't think them the right people for you to be hanging around

Sincere: Well I think they're decent company so if you'll excuse me

I started to walk off without the drinks because I didn't like the looks of him, but he grabbed my wrist rather aggressively making me wince. A gun cocked and was pointed at his head quicker than I expected, it was Artist.

Artist: Let her go

I looked around realizing majority of the club had been cleared out. It was just the people we came with and people whom I were assuming with Derrick. His grip on my wrist tightened as he yanked me towards him now holding a knife on my neck.

Derrick: Now let's calm down, we wouldn't want your pretty little girlfriend bleeding out all over my club floor now would we

His club? Why the hell would Artist bring us here? My heart was about to beat out my chest as I was frozen in fear.

Manny: Derrick you had a chance of making it out of this club alive before, but you just had to go and do some stupid shit

I couldn't read the emotion on Artist's face; he wouldn't even look at me. I couldn't look around, but I felt like everybody in the room had some type of gun.

Derrick: Why don't I just go ahead and off this one now? You'll have a new one by next week

Mike: My nigga you are on thin waters

Artist still didn't have no type of emotion written on his face, but I couldn't open my mouth to speak to him or get him to look at me. I felt a tear run down the side of my face.

Suddenly Artist put his gun down and simply leaned against the bar grabbing a drink and finishing it off. I heard a scream making Derrick loosen his grip to look and I screamed as gunshots went off. I found myself on the ground with my hands over my head, my ears were ringing. I could hear Artist calling me, but it sounded like he was far away. He cupped my face in his hands forcing me to look up at him.

Artist: Are you okay?

I touched my face feeling blood, but apparently it wasn't mine. I turned around seeing Derrick with a bullet wound on his shoulder, he was obviously in serious pain.

Artist: I need you to answer me, are you okay?

Sincere: Yea...

Artist: Alright go with Don & Chloe, imma be right there I promise.

I stood up my legs were a bit wobbly; Chloe looked a bit shook too as we saw Taylor laying in the middle of the club with a hole in her chest. She had tears flowing from her eyes as she laid there lifeless. Don put us in the car and looked back at us.

Don: Yo Sincere you must've wanted Artist to kill every nigga in there wearing that

He chuckled, what about this shit was funny? I had blood on my face that didn't belong to me and an innocent girl was in there dead. Eventually Manny and Artist came back, and Don went back in the club with Mike, I'm assuming to clean up.

I glanced at Artist hands seeing his knuckles were bruised and bloody, I can only imagine what Derrick looks like now. I wanted so bad to tell Chloe I'm sorry for dragging her into this and not really listening to her when she tried to tell me about Artist, that didn't mean I regretted being with him, just tonight had me thinking. Considering Chloe's life growing up if anybody she's the one I should've listened too.

We got back to my place and I was still silent. I was in the bathroom just staring at myself in the mirror, my hands were shaking. I had so many questions and emotions coursing through my veins, but I hadn't talked at all since the club. Artist knocked and entered when I didn't answer.

Artist: Sincere? You good?

All I could manage to do was shake my head 'no' as I felt the tears begin running down my face and there was nothing, I could do to stop them. I felt Artist wrap his arms around me and that only made more tears fall.

Artist Dubose
I felt bad, I never wanted to be the reason she cried but it's all my fault she was in the situation she was in tonight. I pulled away making her look up at me.

Artist: Let's get all this shit off you okay?

She nodded her head and I got us both undressed and in the shower. I think after the shower she was feeling a little better, but she was still kind of quiet. It was a conversation that needed to be had but now just wasn't the time for it. I laid next to her and she positioned herself where she could lay on my chest.