"Are you okay though!?" she shouted after him, finding his behavior as of late strange. "He must not be adjusting well..."

도보

도보

Juyeon silently worked on homework as music played quietly in the background. Kevin meant a lot to him. Memories of their time together ran through his mind, all of the heartbreaks, doubts of the future, the mental breakdowns. No matter how much he didn't like it, he had to respect his decision. Maybe Taesil was right. Maybe they were growing apart. His phone started to ring, signaling he had an incoming call.

"Hello..." he whispered.

"Hey Ju. Just wanted to let you know the guys and I were planning to come over. Figured you'd want company." said Sam, twirling his towel.

"If you want. Don't be surprised if I'm not in the mood to get rowdy. I feel sluggish." Juyeon responded, flipping the page on his packet.

"No biggie. Hey, Ju says we're welcome to come. Anyway, take care of yourself. Kevin is just one best friend out of the few you'll make in life. Nothing lasts forever, Ju." said Sam before hanging up.

Juyeon sighed heavily then glanced at his lock screen. The photo of Kevin making peace signs with the brightest smile stared back at him until the screen timed out. He picked up his phone and unlocked it, going straight to his contacts. He put the phone to his ear, hoping for an answer.

"The number you have dialed has blocked your number. Thank you." said the automated voice before it ended the call itself.

He knew better. He knew yet he still tried calling. He thought that maybe, just maybe Kevin had unblocked him. Juyeon left the comforts of his bed to grab a snack. He stopped in his tracks as the doorbell rang. He made his way over, checking to see who it was before opening his door.

"H-" he managed to get out before he was tightly hugged.

"I'm so sorry... I'm sorry..." they repeated, holding Juyeon tight.

"Kevin... Kevin. Calm down." Juyeon whispered, pulling him inside then sitting him down. "What's going on?"

"I don't have time, so just listen to me. No matter what I say or do, just know that I don't really mean it. You're an irreplaceable person in my life and I'd... I'd be hopeless without you." said Kevin quickly, his eyes constantly darting around.

"I don't understand. Could you-" started Juyeon but Kevin was already getting up and heading back towards the front door.

"Don't tell anyone I was here and..." said Kevin as he trailed off. "I... I haven't told you lately but, I... I love the friendship we have."

Juyeon stood there in confusion as Kevin disappeared behind the door. He could hear it in Kevin's voice that he was troubled by something and judging how quick he came in and out, he didn't want to be spotted being here.

"No matter what I say or do, just know I don't mean it."

Was Kevin trying to tell him something or was he overthinking it? It was still hard for him to believe that Kevin really wanted to end things. He wrapped his arms around himself, still feeling a bit of tingle from Kevin's hug. He figured he'd come to understand Kevin's actions at some point, but for now he'd have to watch and see.

Juyeon was in the middle of washing dishes when the doorbell rang. He turned off the water before going over to the door.

"Ju!" Sam squealed, pulling Juyeon in close.

"Hey, you're gonna kill him." Seohoon warned, separating them.

"So, what have you done all day?" Taesil asked, taking up residence on the couch.

"Sleep, eat, homework and some practicing." Juyeon responded, going back to washing dishes.

Seohoon left the other two to join Juyeon in the kitchen. He quietly looked at things before leaning against the counter beside Juyeon.

"So, how are you? You were pretty drunk last night." he asked, looking at Juyeon's face.

"I'm fine. I'll be at Ruse tomorrow. I just need to blow off some steam." Juyeon responded with a smile.

Seohoon wasn't buying it.

"Ju, you can be honest with me. We're friends and your health matters to me." Seohoon whispered, patting his back.

Juyeon turned off the faucet before drying the dish and putting it away. He faced Seohoon then let out a small sigh.

"I'm appreciative, but don't hound me. If anything, it'll just drive me away." responded Juyeon before walking away.

"Hey, we just ordered food! Let's get Netflix on the TV and have a marathon!" Taesil said excitedly.

Sam glanced at Seohoon who seemed pretty interested in his phone. He called out to him and wondered why he seemed so startled.