Part 18 - Forever entwined - II

Start from the beginning

It was too late by then and she chortled, dripping wet. "Now there's something you can't fix." She called out.

When he got back, he was drenched as well and joined her in the laughter. "Just get a plumber in here, will you luv?" She said, reaching for him and he gathered her in his arms.

"You can give anyone a complex," she said wedging her nose into the crook of his neck. "Somehow I never thought, how you care for a mere tomato plant will make me question everything."

He was quiet for a while. "What do you mean?"

She didn't answer him. Her chest cinched from the bustle of emotions and she simply hugged him tighter.

He was quiet for a bit. "I don't think there is a competition," he said and gently swayed her back and forth in his hold. "You love me just the way I want."

"Promise, you'll always be this man, Ri Jeong Hyuk'sshi." She partly turned and kissed him in the cheek.

But he held her chin and kissed her back, his lips affording the same understanding she wanted of him. "Don't go change a thing about you," she said.

Smiling, her wrist swiped at the wetness on his forehead, arranging his hair back, while he wrung his sweater. She pivoted about, taking off her coat and sweater and bent sideways to loosen the wet mass of her hair.

And she felt his finger stroking the skin exposed by the gap between her top and skirt, rousing something inexplicable there.

"I thought you were wearing a dress." She heard him close behind her, his voice heavy with a familiar fight that soon filled her.

"It's a dress and it's not too," she said entertaining his curiosity, and straightened, only to be flipped about against his chest. With their foreheads touching, the temptation of a kiss lingered in the air, his eyes darkening by the moment, and yet, he didn't act on it.

His inaction wasn't lost on her. Her own words were tying him down and she was done teasing him with her little games of push and pull.

She kissed the line of his jaw and then tipped his face down to catch his lips, while her other hand traced up the taut muscle of his abdomen under his sweater.

But that was all he could resist on his part. Grabbing her by the waist, he raised her onto him, all the while kissing her with an urgency that was in measure for the times he'd held back. Instinctively, she wrapped her legs around him, only to be let down by the cast on her left leg. However, his firm hand gripped her thigh, giving her support. Taking a few steps to the left, he lowered her onto an old corner table. His sweater was off and in no time they were kissing again, just as his fingers made quick work of the buttons lining her top.

Her attack of nerves was back again. Goodness! Out in the open? With no blanket? On a table!

Trembling and self-conscious, her hands coiled close to her chest. Noticing her wariness, the roll of his lips, slowed.

Catching the break, she collected her breath. "Take me home..." she mumbled against his lips. "I can't let my first time be on a rickety table."

And at once, she winced more so over the slip than the excuse that it truly was. "Pretend that you didn't hear that," she said, burying her face into his chest and placed a kiss where she felt the thump of his heart.

"There is no judgment if it matters," he whispered, pulling her face level to his and kissed her again offering the only solace her embarrassed self would take. "But don't let that stop you from trying —"

"Stop it, will you?" Her hand covered his mouth. "I'm not making excuses." She shook her head and he raised a brow at her.

"I may not be experimental to start with," she said smiling shyly, and then looked up at him with defiance in her eyes. "But I'm no prude either and someone said I'm a fast learner too."