LOCKDOWN

Jackson and Alex follow Ned through some bushes, and in a short amount of time, they reach a small hut. It's logs stacked on top of each, other plastered together with mud. The roof is sticks tied together at the top with large sticks woven tightly into the spaces to form an air/water tight roof. Ned walks over to it and opens the door. Looking back over his shoulder, Ned waves over the reluctant couple. "Come on, come on," he says, irritated. "I told you, we can't be out here." Reluctantly, they followed Ned into the hut.

      He closed the door behind them and slumped onto the floor. "You two act like you've never seen a house before," he says sarcastically. Alex glared at him. "Well stupid, we've been on the run for seven months. So yeah, it's been a while." Jackson grabbed Alex's shoulders and Ned made a whistle noise. "Would you look at that," says Ned, "a pregnant white girl with some spunk.''

             Alex lashed out her fists. "Last time I checked," she says, surprisingly calm, "you're white too you racially sick son of a-" "Okay," says Jackson, beginning to feel uncomfortable watching his girlfriend and friend fight. Ned was about to lash something out to him, but a knock at the door silenced him.