His face changed into one Peter never expected.

"Sylas Dillon?" Peter asked. "From high school? You were a freshman when I was a senior, right?"

"Yes," Sylas snarled. "Do you know who my father is, Peter?"

"Unfortunately I do. Maxwell Dillon, right?" Peter frowned, realizing where this was going.

"My father idolized you." Sylas spat. "He put you before everything, even his own family. He was your number one fan."

Sylas sneered. "And what did he get in return?" Sylas laughed cruelly. "After he died, I stole his badge and snuck into Oscorp. Found an interesting little experiment."

"And now you can shapeshift?"

"Shapeshift is a juvenile way to put it." Sylas smirked. "I now have control over my DNA. I could make my heart stop beating with a snap of my fingers. I can take away melanin, I can add melanin. I can rearrange my entire fucking face."

"Does it hurt?"

"Unbelievably so, but now I have power that you wish you had. While you climb walls, I could make myself fly." Sylas chuckled.

"With that kind of power..." Peter blanched, making Sylas grin broadly.

"I could take over the world." Sylas finished. "A shame you won't be there to see it."

He laughed slightly to himself, shaking his head. "It's funny, you know." Sylas began. "Every story is a matter of perspective, is it not? You look at Cinderella and see a tale of a girl escaping her abusive family, and I look at Cinderella and see a stepmother who will do anything for her two daughters. Even if it means casting out another child."

He dug his foot deeper into Peter's chest, making it harder for him to breathe.

"Similarly," Sylas said. "New York looks at you and sees a hero. Defender of the people. Hero of Queens. Their friendly neighborhood Spiderman." He spat bitterly. "But when I look at you, I see a murderer. A man who kills his fans when they get upset at him. A man who murders and claims it to be 'justice'."

"You think I wanted to kill your dad?" Peter coughed, the poison beginning to paralyze him. "I had no choice. At the end of the day it was either me or him."

"No," Sylas snarled. "I don't know what you've been telling yourself to ease your guilt, but killing my father was never the only option."

"If you kill a murderer, the number of murderers stays the same." Peter said, looking Sylas dead in the eyes. "You achieve nothing by killing me."

"Nothing?" Sylas asked. "I will have avenged my father and reclaimed my pride. Surely doesn't sound like nothing to me."

"Sylas, listen to me." Peter furrowed his brow. "I've been you. I hunted down my Uncle's killer," Peter began, noticing that the world seemed to have turned green. Probably not a good sign. "Right before I went for the kill, I saw something in his eyes that stirred something within me."

"And what was that?" Sylas scowled, turning his hand into a giant blade.

"My reflection." Peter confessed. "I saw myself in the reflection of his eyes. I didn't see me. I didn't see a kid who was doing anything just or right. I saw a monster."

Peter shook his head, ignoring how the room seemed to have tilted sideways. "Don't let that be you, Sylas. If you kill me, there's no turning back. Something inside you will break, you'll change. Please, don't make this mistake."

Sylas hesitated, and Peter knew that he had seen it. Sylas had seen his reflection in Peter's eyes.

"I..." Sylas mumbled. "I am not you." With that he plunged his blade-hand into Peter's chest.