Inter-University Games(1): Chapter 47

Start from the beginning

That made Jiyang lose his cool. He closed his eyes for a moment and took a deep breath. Then opening his eyes, he checked the chessboard and studied the details of the pieces. A smug appeared on his lips as if he discovered something. Within the next moment, he moved his rook and forced a checkmate to his opponent. The opponent's eyes bulged out as he never guessed Jiyang's move and lost his powerful piece, The Queen. The opponent was so confused at that time that he made a wrong move by moving his knight. Taking the opportunity, Jiyang moved his other rook, forcing a checkmate again.

The opponent's brows got knitted and he sharply looked at Jiyang while the latter had a smug smile on his face as if he was mocking the opponent. The opponent moved his king a step forward and then Jiyang moved his queen and forced a stalemate. As a result, the king of the opponent couldn't make a legal move as it's all ways were blocked and Jiyang won the match.

Hao Xuan and Zhan who were standing at distance clapped their hands to cheer Jiyang while Ziyi, Xuan Lu, and Yibo couldn't control their wide, genuine smile. The supporters of the opponent team were fuming and suddenly one of the girls of LanLing university started to shout.

"He clearly cheated in the game." A girl said pointing her finger towards Jiyang.

"Excuse me, Miss. I never cheated in the game. I played according to rules and won the game." Jiyang said politely keeping his voice as low as possible.

"But I clearly saw it, dumbhead!" The girl walked towards Jiyang and pushed him.

As a result, Jiyang got stumbled but controlled himself. Yibo was about to go and stand by Jiyang's side, Zhan held his hand.

"Don't go," Zhan said in a cold voice.

"Why!?" Yibo wondered and held Zhan's hand firmly to free himself. "He needs help."

"Hao Xuan will help him," Zhan said in a low voice. "Yibo, assume it as a business. At first, you need to study the situation well. Don't act recklessly. In a business, if you act recklessly and bring your emotions while taking decisions, then even a little single mistake will cost much price." Zhan said but his eyes were glued to the girl and the player of the opponent team. "In business, you need to use your brain, not your heart."

"Zhan, why are you telling me this now?" Yibo looked at Zhan with confusion in his eyes.

"Because this is related to business as well." Zhan's voice turned colder. "It looks like Wen Zhuliu paid the opponent team to cause a ruckus and point their finger on Jiyang's capability," Zhan explained. "Yibo, I am telling you this because you need to learn everything about business as soon as possible so that you can become the CEO of Wang Corporation. Sometimes you need to take a step back to move forward with a better strategy. So don't move forward to help Jiyang now." Zhan held Yibo's hand tightly while his eyes were glued at how the girl was harassing Jiyang. "The girl and the player will be doomed for sure."

The girl continued to harass Jiyang by using rude words to him while the latter gave soft replies to protect himself from the accusations. Hao Xuan was staring at the girl while his blood boiled. If she were a boy, perhaps Hao Xuan would have cut her into pieces and fed them to dogs.

The situation went out of control when the girl raised her hand to slap Jiyang. As a reflex Jiyang closed his eyes. Before her palm could touch Jiyang's delicate skin, Hao Xuan held her wrist, stopping her from slapping Jiyang. Jiyang opened his eyes as he didn't feel any sensation on his cheek.

"What do you think, huh?" Hao Xuan growled at the girl. "You can do whatever you want because you are a girl? This guy is being too gentle that he didn't even raise his voice at you. If I were at his place, I would show you where you belong to."