Chapter 3

I scowled at him as he laughed at my face. "Don't look at me like that!" He said between chuckles.

I let out an impatient sigh. "I said." I glared at them, my aura flaring. "Why. Am. I. Here."

The Mercenares all scrambled to jump back, Ira included. He then sighed, looking at me cautiously.

"Long story short, we kidnapped you. You were injured from the damage my Distain caused, and the rest of them," he gestured to the others. "Knocked you out."

"Who are they?" I asked, nodding toward the other Mercenares.

Ira pointed to the older female version of him. "That's Marmo, my sister." He turned to the older guy. "That's Bel." He pointed at Gura and the guy standing next to him. "The joker is Riva and you know the fat troll is Gura."

The blonde girl interrupted Ira before he could introduce her. "I'm Regina, daughter of King Mercenare!" She said cheerfully. My eyes narrowed.

"Daughter, huh?" I growled. "Rachel told me how you betrayed Maya and the others. I can't believe they were foolish enough to trust you." Interesting. I thought as I saw a flicker of emotion in Regina's eyes. Guilt? Pride? Regret?

"For a member of the Glitter Force, you're really not that kind." Ira said, laughing a little.

I shrugged. "I think you would be in the same position if you got captured by a bunch of idiotic jerks." I said grumpily.

"Let me go." I ordered

They all laughed. "I don't think you know what situation you're in, darling." Riva said.

I raised my eyebrows. "I don't think you know the situation you're in." I retorted back. "You lead me straight into your base, which I can destroy. I can capture you and take you back for the other members of the Glitter Force to deal with. Would you like me to do that?"

I looked at their shocked faces, face darkening. I stood up, but stumbled and landed... on top of Ira. His face turned red. I stood up, wincing as I stood on my left leg.

The other Mercenares smirked as they realized that I had a large wound, knowing I couldn't carry out my threats. They could use that to their advantage. I don't have the energy to escape either.

"You sure you can do that?" Marmo said. "Judging by the looks of your leg, it doesn't seem you can do anything." The Mercenares all laughed.

Ira offered me a hand and helped me stand up. He wrapped an arm around my waist, supporting me. "Thanks." I mumbled.

"Don't think I'm going to give you any special treatment. I'm just doing this so we don't have to waste time trying to get you from place to place."

"I can guard her." He said, now addressing the rest of the Mercenares. "She might escape and I already defeated her before." That's a lie. I thought resentfully, shooting him a look. He ignored it, continuing. "It would be best if I kept her in my room so I can keep a close eye on her." Ira said.

I opened my mouth to argue, but Ira shot my a glare that made me close my mouth. "All right then." Regina said, shrugging. "But." She said suddenly. "If you fail and she escapes, my father will not be happy with you."

"I already know." Ira snapped.

With that, all the Mercenares left, except for Ira. "Come." He said, tugging me forward. I winced again as I stepped on my injured leg.

Ira sighed, but picked me up with ease. "What are you-" Ira ignored my protests and carried me bride style all the way to his room.

He set me down on his bed, sighing. "Look. I never wanted for you to get captured or anything." He mumbled, tugging on his hair.

"What do you mean?" I regained my control quickly. "You are a villain! You hurt people!" I took in a shaky breath.

Ira looked away. "I don't want to hurt you." He said quietly.

"What?"

He looked at me, dragging me into his golden gaze. "I don't want to hurt you. You-" He abruptly stopped. I suddenly noticed how close we were sitting next to each other.

I scooted away quickly. "A-alright then. Help me escape, then."

Ira's POV

"Help me escape, then."

I didn't know she would ask me that. I should have known. Now what do I say?! Should I help her? King Mercenare is going to kill me if I do!

"I'll help you escape soon. But not yet. I'll have to make it look like you escaped on your own though. I'll be a double agent for you, okay?" I lied.

"Okay." She said firmly. She then gave me a kind smile. "I trust you, Ira."

I felt a pang of guilt. "Just promise me one thing." I said quietly.

"What is it?"

"Don't hate me, no matter what I do, please don't hate me."