Chapter 3

𝙴𝚍𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙼𝚊𝚢 𝟸𝟺, 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟷

Y/n POV

Did you really think we would ever accept you?

It was a mistake adopting someone like you. You're just a weapon.

You don't deserve to be in the Glitter Force! In fact, you don't even deserve to be a part of the Royal Trio! They're way better off without you.

Ira will never love you.

I woke up with a start, breathing heavily. What a nightmare... it seemed so... real. I tossed and turned but couldn't fall back asleep. I got up, knowing that sleep was impossible at the moment.

My mind drifted off to Ira. His golden olive eyes, pale skin, pale blue hair, and... compassion. He wasn't like the other Mercenares, I could tell right off the bat. But what made him save me?

The next day at school

I yawned, rubbing my eyes. "Are you okay, Y/n?" Rachel asked worriedly.

I smiled sleepily at her. "Yeah, I just didn't get a lot of sleep last night."

"Well that's terrible!" Maya said, looking at me with concern. "A good nights sleep is really important!" She smiled at me. "I always drink some warm milk when I can't sleep, you should try it!" Cheerful as always.

"That's a good idea, thanks!" I said, forcing a smile.

Shane scooted closer to me. He's been acting strange after what happened with Ira. Should I ask if he's okay? I hesitated a brief moment before opening my mouth to speak. But before I could get the words out of my mouth, a cloud of dust and a huge explosion knocked me off my feet.

I looked around, trying to figure out where the others were. "Rachel?" I called out weakly. "Shane? Maya? Anybody?" I struggled to get to my feet, only to stumble down again.

A bolt of pain shot up my leg. I looked down to see a huge, deep gash on my left leg. I winced as blood trickled down. I can't get up on my own. I can't even transform right now with this wound. I don't even know where P/n is. I sighed, leaning against a wall.

That's when I heard a pair of footsteps. "Shane?" I called out. I breathed a sigh of relief as I spotted a figure of a boy walking slowly towards me. "Shane!" I called out. "Over here!"

I froze. As the figure stepped out of the dust cloud, I realized it wasn't Shane at all! It was... "Ira?" I whispered. That's when something hit the back of my head and I blacked out.

Later

Where am I? My leg was throbbing painfully. I slowly opened my eyes, blinking to adjust to the sudden light. Ira was pacing in front of me. Gura, a joker looking guy, a blonde girl the same age as me with brilliant ruby red eyes, and two people who looked like they were related to Ira were standing near him.

"Where am I?" I said hoarsely. I was shocked by how dry my voice sounded. How long have I been here? What happened? I recalled back to something hitting my head.

"Why hello~" The literal female version of Ira said, leaning closer to me.

"Hi!" The blonde girl said cheerfully. "Welcome to our hideout!" She sounds happy. I thought gloomily.

"Answer my question." I snapped. "Why am I here? What happened? Who are you guys?"

"I don't think you're very threatening from the position you're currently in." The guy that looked like he could be Ira's grandfather said.