The Dinner Party Part Two

Start from the beginning

One more swift kiss, and he left. Andromeda smiled to herself, gathering a giggling Reggie into her arms and falling back onto the couch with a dreamy sigh. Regulus snuggled into her chest, his head tucked into her neck as he breathed.

"Are you happy, Andy?"

It was silent for a moment as Andy gathered her thoughts, before peering down into his green orbs. She ran a hand through his brown tousled curls, and smiled. "Seadh, fear beag. Tha mi glè thoilichte."

"Good. I don't want to see you sad all the time." Reggie breathed, and Andy froze for a moment before she sat up slightly to look at him seriously. "Rìgh beag." She stated, gathering his face in her hands. "I am always, always, happy when I am with you. You are my world."

"I know... I know that daddy isn't always here, and yes, that can make me sad. But, you make everything better, η καρδιά μου."

"You know I don't understand Greek."

"And you should, our family is Greek too." Andy laughed, kissing his cheek while Reggie squirmed to get away. "Well, how come I haven't met any of them?"

"Because... because, they're all wanderers. Our family explores the world, but they are all out there if we need them." She explained slowly, remembering an old conversation she once had with her own mother.

"Like guardian angels?"

"Just like guardian angels." She affirmed, before standing up and setting him down on the floor. "Let's go."

Andromeda got Reggie's things together before taking him next door to Mrs. Hayes. She took a shower, brushing her hair back into a low bun at the nape of her neck. Andy did her makeup very minimally, lining her blue eyes with a black liner and mascara paired with a bold red lip. She slipped into a fitted black sleeveless dress with a mock turtleneck, running her hands over her figure as Andy peered at herself in her full size mirror.

For a moment, Andromeda saw Phanessa in her reflection. Her mother peered at her with kohl-rimmed eyes, storm clouds staring back at Andy with an intensity that made her heart ache

Phanessa once said to her, that when elementals fell in love, it was real. It was true.

And that was exactly how she felt for Elijah. She knew it to be real, she knew it to be true. No, he didn't answer all of her questions. No, he didn't tell her the full truth of the bond they shared, she knew that. But, Andy knew that he cared about Regulus. She knew the means he had taken to keep them safe.

Andromeda saw the way that he looked at her.

And that was enough.

Andy slipped on a pair of diamond earrings, her mother's, from the 20's. She paired her dress with a pair of black pumps and grabbed a navy trench coat, before hearing the bell ring for her downstairs. Quickly grabbing her cell phone and keys, she hurried down the stairs and threw open the door with a wide smile to the Original that stood there.

"'Lijah." Andromeda breathed, before quickly being swept into his arms as he pressed a firm kiss to her red lips. "Hello, mia vita." He murmured, kissing her again and quickly getting lost in the taste that was her lips, the heady scent of her filling his space and making him desire her all the more.

"Elijah, if we don't get going, we'll be late." She giggled, kissing him one last time before swiftly backing away as he attempted to capture her lips again. "That would be a shame, wouldn't it?" Elijah mused, stealing another kiss before taking his arm in hers and leading her to his car.

The two sat in comfortable silence, Elijah's right hand placed on Andromeda's thigh as he drove and she hummed while peering at the window. 

"Are you sure you want to do this, mo chridhe?" Andy asked, taking a glance at him and he smirked.